shape
carat
color
clarity

Endometriosis... Alexis... Others?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I know Alexis started this thread back in October about it and several of you replied (OFG, Ellen, Sumbride, AmberG and others I cant remember off the top of my head!) and I was just going to bump it, but its locked. Those that replied gave some excellent advice and insight, but I wanted to check in on Alexis and to see if there were any others that have/have had endometriosis. My brothers GF was recently told she has it and is just trying to figure everything out. I nor no one I know has ever had it, so once again I turn to the lovely ladies of PS!

THANK YOU!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
njc - I''m pretty sure if you Google it there are some good websites that will come up.

I think the basic information to start with is that you can have widely varying degrees of this disease, and how much "growth" you have is not a predictor of how much pain you might be in and/or how much your fertility might be threatened. For example, I was in excruciating pain but had a relatively small amount of growth when they went in to do surgery, but there were ladies on here (I believe) who had minimal symptoms but significant growth.

I do know that one of the most popular treatments if its not too bad is continuous BCPs (i.e. you take them all the time, no sugar pills), which I''ve been doing since I was about 17 (I''m almost 25 now). In my opinion this is a great treatment option if it works, because you have the added bonus of never having your period. However, it can cause weight gain (definitely has with me) and cause your "girls" to grow more than they otherwise might (again, have that side effect myself).

Bottom line is that your brother''s gf is likely going to be just fine, but needs to educate herself about the extent of her individual case and work with her doctor to find the best treatment plan for her. Good for you for trying to help - I''m sure she appreciates your support at this time.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply AG. I dont know too much about the specifics, and she has been given a couple options. All her doctor wants her to do is get pregnant. I have searched a bunch on the internet for her and found a couple places for her to check out. Babycenter.com actually has an entire board dedicated to endo. Most of the women are trying to get pregant, but at least they are discussing treatments they have used. I just know she is in a lot of pain and is confused on what to do.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results