shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My fiancé gave me my ring today! We are very excited :)

2.26 ct., G VS2.
Antique style sq emerald set in 18k yellow gold. 0482CFEC-FC43-454B-B754-5DEE02B4F1E9.jpeg

Congrats! I saw your beautiful ring on Alex Parks insta page :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Boadicea the Valiant - 4.07ct, S-T, VS, emerald cut, with .51ctw tapered bullets in 18kt setting by DKJ. She's getting a re-set this year. Woohooooo!

:mrgreen:

20200619_125607.jpg

@mrs-b your new ring will be spectacular, but I will miss the bezel. The bezel is so sublime...

asscherwoman

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I saw your beautiful ring on Alex Parks insta page :kiss2:

Thank you @lulu_ma! I loved working with Alex and can’t wait to give her some friends in the near future :) thinking a five or seven stone band with steps...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fiancé gave me my ring today! We are very excited :)

2.26 ct., G VS2.
Antique style sq emerald set in 18k yellow gold. 0482CFEC-FC43-454B-B754-5DEE02B4F1E9.jpeg

Congratulations! This is a stunning ring - please will you start its own thread with heaps of pictures & details? Pretty please?!!

asscherwoman

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! This is a stunning ring - please will you start its own thread with heaps of pictures & details? Pretty please?!!

Thank you so much @Alex T :) I would love to start a thread and take some pics once my bandaid is off (on the index finger)! A few days before he surprised me I got a grease burn while cooking ;(

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Alex T :) I would love to start a thread and take some pics once my bandaid is off (on the index finger)! A few days before he surprised me I got a grease burn while cooking ;(

Ouch, speedy healing dust! Looking forward to the thread!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous! Your ring is a classic and elegant beauty. If you decide to do a reset, I would recommend that you keep the original setting, especially since it was your mom's.

Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 !! I didn't think about what to do with the setting:) I guess I could put a colored stone in it at some point .

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 !! I didn't think about what to do with the setting:) I guess I could put a colored stone in it at some point .

Yes, that's a great idea. Then, if you want, you can switch back to the original setting someday. If not, you have another great ring. Post pics if you decide to reset.

Reactions: Mlh

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions here - I haven't got my email notice since towards the bottom of page 49 - glad to see new pieces here. Sweet.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I did it. After living with it for over a year I had the milgraining added to the side stones. It is so tiny you can barely see it but I love it!

IMG_0558 (002).jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks great Michelle @Catmom Love the detail and of course your beautiful diamond

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I got my asscher a month ago and had it reset in this mounting, a mix of Art Deco with a little gallery airiness. =)2 I might be slightly obsessed!

960860C5-6380-48F1-BCEC-CC120782BB22.jpeg

6DADD417-F8AC-4C92-9BC2-0AB8782BB692.jpeg

My first time on this thread and already reeling from so much beauty, I see your ring. You might have a lovely obsession but I just spent 20 min. staring at it. Past the sheer size and seeming complexity, it's a cohesive use of step cuts. (My obsession.) May I ask, where did the main stone come from and who designed and built this magnum opus?
Judging by your lovely hand, you're too young to remember Liz Taylor but if she'd seen this ring, she would have had one commissioned.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Re: Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

My lil girl. She's only .60 ct (certainly small by PS standards).

I originally set out looking for a bigger rock. I pretty much had it in my mind that a step cut had to be bigger in order to show any "steps" or dimension. I was (happily) proven wrong.

I had tried on several at the same time, all bigger by quite a bit, but kept coming back to this one. I really know what it means now to have one "speak to me"... Her size on paper didn't matter. Her presence made her so much larger than the others.

The setting is 18k white gold, and she's a VS (there's a little metal from the setting showing thru...that's not an inclusion) and a nice white G in color (which I really love). Straight baguettes on the shank. The ring is likely from the 1940's, according to the estate jewelry shop where I bought it. Finger size is 6.

Anyway, I'm smitten in case it's not obvious. I don't think I could be happier. :D The photos aren't great and I was contorting my finger so looks a little funny, but hoping the photos (and blathering) will help others who are considering emerald cuts in the smaller sizes. :) (I plan to buy more bands and switch them out. Ones pictured are rose gold and platinum.)
ring_1164.jpg
ring_1163.jpg
ring_1178.jpg
ring_1141.jpg

That's fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results