shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tower

Rough_Rock
I'm new here but trying to do my homework. I'm looking at a 1.18 VS2 I emerald cut diamond that is actually in a platinum ring that also has a .78 ct setting around the emerald cut. My plan is to take the emerald cut out and put it in aa ring of my own choice and possibly use the other diamonds later. The ring is supposedly certified although papers have been lost. It is from a mall vendor and I have called them so they can track that down. I am having the ring looked at today at a different store today by a gemologist that is GIA certified. I want to look for a table and depth that's under 70% right? And the width to length ratio should be 1.5:1 to 1.75:1 right? Polish should be good at the least right? I've got the cuts chart for emerald cuts to use as a guide, any other suggestions to look for or pitfalls to avoid? The ring was a gift and the relationship ended, she's a private seller and is asking $3500, I actually think she'll take less, good buy?
Thanks,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results