shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut setting

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Help!
We just decided on the ER, and bought the emerald cut diamond, but I had them change the setting from smal emerald on the side of the center stone to baguettes. Any recommendation on either of them, I'll get the CAD in a week, but am nervous about hearing any advices on the setting! Thank you emerald cut lover :confused:

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I am still debating between trillion cut or baguette on the side :read: :confused:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO baguettes or bullets-not trillions for a EC ER.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about cadillacs if you want something different?

I wouldnt' do trillions either.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Moiclaire|1454900513|3988213 said:
Thank you. I am still debating between trillion cut or baguette on the side :read: :confused:

Not sure about the look of brilliant faceted trilliants with a step cut emerald :think: - - have you considered trapezoid baguettes? Or even tapered baguettes?
Good luck

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
ADN thank you for your suggestion, i appreciate your advice. I am fairly new to this forum, so could you explain the differences between tappered and trapezoid baguettes?
Or even some pictures of both :angel:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. There's no such thing as trapezoid baguettes.

There are trapazoids that are step cut, and ones that are brilliant cut.

And then there are straight baguettes and tapered baguettes.

4 different cuts.

Please see below. Do a google images search for rings with "emerald baguettes" and "emerald bullets" "emerald trapezoids" and you'll see a lot of different rings and that will help you figure it out.

sidestones.png

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1454918040|3988280 said:
No. There's no such thing as trapezoid baguettes.
:lol: I guess that the pic in the top left of you image is called a...what?...out of the dozens of pairs I've sold to the trade back in my previous life as a B2B dealer, everyone of them had asked for 'trapezoid baguette'...you say tomato...we say...tomato... :doh: ...doesn't work so well in print :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting point. So are the brilliant cut ones called trapezoid radiants or trapeziod princesses? :lol: And what about half moons? They come in step cut and brilliant cut too. What wacky terms did ya'll call those? Inquiring minds..

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
That's a great suggestion, thank you for your advice.
I really appreciate it, nervous about spoiling my ER, which I guess you really can't with an EC :angel:

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
this is the stone i am talking about! Trapezoid or baguettes?

_1926.jpeg

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
I mean would this stone look better with tapered baguettes or trapezoids on the side? :confused:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it depends on your budget, too. From my recent search on settings for my Asscher, I found traps to be crazy expensive compared to baguettes. I personally would stick with a step cut side stone (Which eliminates trillions). After that, it depends on what look you are going for - baguettes are so classic but look more like a solitaire with bling on the band, whereas traps/small ec's transform it to a 3 stone ring and give more finger coverage. Your lovely EC looks a bit elongated (versus more square) which might be gorgeous with traps, but that might also mean you need BIG traps to be in proportion with the length of the sides of your center diamond. Those Cadillacs, which look like step cut half moons might look incredible. What's your flavor?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Step cut traps or Cadillac would look best, IMO. Tapered baguettes would be good too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were to choose between tapered baguettes or step cut trapezoides for one pair of side stones for my EC, I would choose tapered baguettes.

Please note that it is not a setting I would choose for myself, as I prefer and have set mine in an air line/gap halo with a plain shank.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bear in mind that tapered baguettes and trapezoids come in different shapes and sizes.

They can be long and skinny, or wide and stubby, if you know what I mean.

Which ones to go for, is dependent upon the shape and size of the EC finger size and desired finger coverage.

DK :))

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
I am so grateful for all of your advices, I decided on tapered baguettes as the stone is elongate, i thought it would look better :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results