shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut help

CapeDaisy

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I’ve been lurking here on and off, but I finally made an account to get advice from you lovely people.

We are looking to buy an EC between 2.25 and 2.5 carats. We would like to keep it under $30k if possible. I’ve looked at a lot of stones online, and I am just overwhelmed. What do you all think of the 2.3-carat stone that is first on this list?

I confirmed that the video is the actual stone. Unfortunately, they do not have any other photos to share.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Now this is my opinion, I am not an expert. I like #1.
Do you have to have E color, are you color sensitive? My EC is a G leaning towards F, and it is brilliant white. It's VVS1, which I was told over kill. I am good with over kill though:appl: IMG_20190802_114824427.jpg IMG_20190802_114824427.jpg

CapeDaisy

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Your ring is beautiful.

I probably haven't seen enough stones in person to know if I am super color sensitive. I just really like that first stone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should find out how color sensitive you are first before you commit so much money.

I clicked on your link and I looked at the first stone on the list. It looks ok. ECs are very personal. Some people like lots of little steps. Some like broader even steps. It does have a 30 day return policy so you can return it if you don't like it.

CapeDaisy

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Would you mind telling me why it seems okay? There is a video. Is there something else I should ask for?

I am definitely going to see it in person before I buy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Would you mind telling me why it seems okay? There is a video. Is there something else I should ask for?

I am definitely going to see it in person before I buy.

It's not the stone. It's me. I don't trust my judgment about any fancy cut without seeing it in person, or having a ton of real life videos in a dozen different lighting environments. For me, these kind of videos tell about 20% of the story. That's just me. But if you see a few that you like, by all means, ask them to bring them in for your inspection.

CapeDaisy

Rough_Rock
It's not the stone. It's me. I don't trust my judgment about any fancy cut without seeing it in person, or having a ton of real life videos in a dozen different lighting environments. For me, these kind of videos tell about 20% of the story. That's just me. But if you see a few that you like, by all means, ask them to bring them in for your inspection.

Thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results