shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
I was offered what I was told was a great deal on this stone with GIA cert:
Emerald IF / F
1.35 cts.
8.76x 4.74x 3.43
Table: 72
Depth: 72.4%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry; Good
Flouresence: Faint
How does $6,250 dlls. sound?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Well, then you have a good opportunity.Are you aware of diamond trading networks in the US? They make it easy to access thousands of diamonds straight from the cutters.

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
Now a consumer. But due to my VAST consuming and love for diamonds...I want to be a dealer. =) Doesn´t everyone?! My family has been "collecting" diamonds ever since my great-great grandfather, so I guess this hobby runs in the family.
Markups in my country are greater than in the US, so it might be a good deal, afterall. Even if I don´t become a "dealer" after all, diamonds are always a wise investment when bought at the right price.

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
A diamond distribuitor I am negotiating with to distribute to me diamonds for resale in my country. The question is: How much markup can you add to still make it a good deal for the buyer, and for seller?
It might be a good deal for a buyer, but not such a good deal if I want to be a seller, or is it?
I have not seen it. Though supposedly it can be returned if it is not what you wanted.

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
I don´t think so. We are Waaaaay behind on the internet. The sites don´t sell as the ones in the US do, and computers are slow to connect. Prodigy gave away tons of computers just so people would "connect" with them and even then not many do. I think I´m one of the few cyber shoppers! But they will...soon. Jewelry stores here have ZERO competition so mark-ups are real high!

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
Well, I applied to some like WDC in NY. Is this what you have in mind, or are there others you can tell me about?!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... If the stone has GIA lab report, sounds really good. Have you seen the stone? Unlike rounds, fancies must be seen.Where did you find such a great deal?
smile.gif

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
I don´t think so. We are Waaaaay behind on the internet. The sites don´t sell as the ones in the US do, and computers are slow to connect. Prodigy gave away tons of computers just so people would "connect" with them and even then not many do. I think I´m one of the few cyber shoppers! But they will...soon. Jewelry stores here have ZERO competition so mark-ups are real high!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Interesting... Are people in Mexica buying diamonds over the Internet?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Well, it is tough. The resale price depends on country, market, etc. I only can guess that Internet retail price for such stone can be 8-9K (assuming that it is GIA certified)So, Ellibaby, are you a consumer or dealer?
smile.gif

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
Goodmorning, Leonid.
Thanks so much for your help. I have applied to both now! I´ll keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results