shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Diamond: Thoughts on a particular stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraldguy

Rough_Rock
As a novice diamond purchaser, I would appreciate your thoughts/comments on the diamond described below. I am very seriously considering purchasing this dimaond as an engagement ring...and I would like your input. Is the diamond too shallow? Is the table too large? Thanks very much in advance...I appreciate your assistance.

GIA Shape: Emerald
Carat: 2.35
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate Number: 11795324
Measurements: 9.53 x 7.00 x 4.11
Depth: 58.7%
Table Percent: 67%
Girdle: Thin -Medium,
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Certificate Comments: None

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It may be an AGA 2B cut. Not at all a bad stone, BUT you need to see it and compare it to others first. You cannot buy this blindly without comparison to others stones. The parameters do not address all the possible things that can be right or wrong with the appearance.

Emeraldguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Dave.

I have studied the stone in person and it looks quite exquisite. It appears to have excellent brillance. My concern is that with the shallowness of the stone, I may be missing something. But my eyes see an excellent stone. Is there something I should look for with this stone?

Emeraldguy

Rough_Rock
What if the diamond has a crown height of 8.5% and a pavillion depth of over 49%?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ideal-scope could show this as a very nice stone provided the right balance between crown and pavilion angles are there.

if you can examine the stone in person then you will find the idealscope to be very helpful.

This stone has very large corners, and corners leak a lot!
www.ideal-scope.com

emerald cut.jpg

Emeraldguy

Rough_Rock
How did you create this image? Is the picture based on the dimensions and % I provided. The stone "looks" excellent in person...but others on the Internet have told me that with such a low crown height and large pavilion, that I should stay away. I am double-guessing my own eyes. Is it possible that the stone can be a good stone, even with those dimensions....Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results