shape
carat
color
clarity

Embossing powder

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I watched a video on Papersource last night on rubber stamping and how you can put this embossing powder on the stamped image, blow a heat gun over it, and it embosses the image! I''ve never seen with my own eyes how this looks so I thought I''d ask you wonderful people. Is it as easy as it seems to do?

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
So Happy,

I''ve done it before and it is CRAZY easy. HTH

:) Rebecca

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My mom used to be a stamping fanatic. She probably has over $10,000 in stamps and accessories in her craft room. To emboss you have to use embossing ink, which is sticky and doesn''t dry on its own, sprinkle powder over the image, pour off the excess, and dry with a heat tool. It really is simple as can be.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 4:04:33 PM
Author: Miranda
My mom used to be a stamping fanatic. She probably has over $10,000 in stamps and accessories in her craft room. To emboss you have to use embossing ink, which is sticky and doesn''t dry on its own, sprinkle powder over the image, pour off the excess, and dry with a heat tool. It really is simple as can be.
Ohh....you sound like you might know the answer to this question then.......

I have a cherry blossom branch stamp coming soon (ordered yesterday) and I want to stamp my invites with it (and maybe do the embossing too but we''ll see). Anyhow....is there an easy way to actually have the image come out with brown branches and pink flowers? Do I have to "paint" each individual flower and branch....55 times (once per invite)? I imagine that that is what I''d have to do to get a multi-colored image but I wondered if there is an easier way.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
They have stamping ink markers you can use to "brush" your stamps. It''s not that hard, but for that many it does sound time intensive. Not sure if they make embossing ink in markers or not though.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 4:30:27 PM
Author: So_happy

Date: 4/1/2007 4:04:33 PM
Author: Miranda
Ohh....you sound like you might know the answer to this question then.......

I have a cherry blossom branch stamp coming soon (ordered yesterday) and I want to stamp my invites with it (and maybe do the embossing too but we''ll see). Anyhow....is there an easy way to actually have the image come out with brown branches and pink flowers? Do I have to ''paint'' each individual flower and branch....55 times (once per invite)? I imagine that that is what I''d have to do to get a multi-colored image but I wondered if there is an easier way.
There''s not an easier way that I know of. If you have a local stamping store you could check with them. I don''t know how you are planning on doing your invitations, but, when my mom made my baby shower invites she made one card...Colored it all in (it was so cute, a little fairy looking at it''s fairy baby) and then scanned it and printed the image on vellum paper and mounted that on pink card stock. They turned out sooooo cute. With a tied ribbon they looked very professional.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results