shape
carat
color
clarity

Eloped on 09.09.09 (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
So my DH and I eloped to The Inn at Perry Cabin (featured in the movie Wedding Crashers) in St. Michaels, Maryland. It was just us, our officiant, photographer, and videographer. It was everything we''ve ever dreamed of and more.

Here are some pics on our photographer''s website here (we are under "featured weddings")

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the elopement!!! You are a beautiful bride!! Love the pictures and your hubby is so adorable! You guys are sooo cute together! May you have many many years of happiness!!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding! I LOVE the shot of the two of you walking toward the camera on the pier.
You were a beautiful bride. And that bouquet--gorgeous!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
AsscherNut,

Your pictures are Lovely! How sweet and romantic!
30.gif

I love St. Michaels, and the color of your bouquet was so striking with the scenery! I loved the shots by the boats, and on the beach! Okay, maybe I loved EVERYTHING!
2.gif

Congrats!

Can you tell us more about your elopement? Did it feel romantic and private? I plan to elope (one of these days) and everyone keeps telling me that I will regret not having more people there, but I don''t really think that I will... I really want the intimacy. I''d love to hear about your experience!

And great date, BTW!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
WOW!
30.gif

congrats!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! What AMAZING pictures!! Each background is just spectacular!!
30.gif
Your photographer did a superb job and you look stunning!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW! EVERYTHING looks absolutely beautiful! I''m absolutely in love with your bouquet. You look amazing. Both of you look so perfectly relaxed and happy...I just love it! Gorgeous pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are gorgeous! And your photographer is incredible! I looked through all the albums! Love the ones in front of the bright colored buildings! You bouquet is TDF! Congrats and may you enjoy only the best!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:02:39 PM
Author: trillionaire
AsscherNut,

30.gif

I love St. Michaels, and the color of your bouquet was so striking with the scenery! I loved the shots by the boats, and on the beach! Okay, maybe I loved EVERYTHING!
2.gif

Congrats!

Can you tell us more about your elopement? Did it feel romantic and private? I plan to elope (one of these days) and everyone keeps telling me that I will regret not having more people there, but I don''t really think that I will... I really want the intimacy. I''d love to hear about your experience!

And great date, BTW!

Thank you so much, trillionaire! Are you in MD or surrounding area?

We loved the fact that we eloped. I was already so nervous, that if we did have guests-I think I would have fainted! (not one be the center of attention or large crowds)

It was definitely very private and romantic. We still had all the elements of a "regular" wedding- officiant, flowers, dress, venue, makeup/hair, photographer, videographer,etc...and it was all planned in 2-3 months!

We sent out elopement annoucements with our websites just yesterday and been getting things like " I wish I had thought of that" or "that was the way to go" and we are have a wedding celebration party with just our immediate families in October-hopefully by then, our videographer will have our DVD ready to show and tell
9.gif

I say go for it! Do what makes you and your fiance happy- after all, its all about YOU.

And with all the money you save- take an awesome honeymoon and home renovations (that''s exactly what we''re doing)

Let me know if you need anything else...I''d be happy to share

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!!!!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 12:02:25 AM
Author: AsscherNut

AsscherNut,

30.gif

2.gif

Congrats!

Can you tell us more about your elopement? Did it feel romantic and private? I plan to elope (one of these days) and everyone keeps telling me that I will regret not having more people there, but I don't really think that I will... I really want the intimacy. I'd love to hear about your experience!

And great date, BTW!

We loved the fact that we eloped. I was already so nervous, that if we did have guests-I think I would have fainted! (not one be the center of attention or large crowds)

It was definitely very private and romantic. We still had all the elements of a 'regular' wedding- officiant, flowers, dress, venue, makeup/hair, photographer, videographer,etc...and it was all planned in 2-3 months!

We sent out elopement annoucements with our websites just yesterday and been getting things like ' I wish I had thought of that' or 'that was the way to go' and we are have a wedding celebration party with just our immediate families in October-hopefully by then, our videographer will have our DVD ready to show and tell
9.gif

I say go for it! Do what makes you and your fiance happy- after all, its all about YOU.
And with all the money you save- take an awesome honeymoon and home renovations (that's exactly what we're doing)

Let me know if you need anything else...I'd be happy to share
Thank you so much for the additional details!

I'm in NC now, but I grew up outside of Baltimore, in Towson until I was 14, and MD still has my heart.
30.gif
I love taking FI back to where I grew up... it has such fond memories for me
5.gif

Did you honeymoon in St. Michaels, or are you planning another trip? I'd be equally happy to do something local/with driving distance, or flying to an island! I'd love to do a casual get-together to celebrate our marriage, but it's a logistical nightmare because FI and I live on the East Coast in two different states, most of my family is on the East Coast, my family and HS friends are in the Midwest, FI's family is in the Bay area in CA, and our college friends are mostly in the LA area...
32.gif

I'm very excited to elope though. It's going to happen, just a matter of where and when. I really look forward to the romance and intimacy of it all.

Thanks for the encouragement! It's nice to hear someone support my plan to elope, I get so much negative feedback about it all the time, so it means a lot!

35.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations....what an AWESOME idea!!!! Your wedding was beautiful!!!!

Lori

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! It''s a lovely wedding! Love how relaxed it looked in the pictures :)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Ooowwww i can''t see the pics
7.gif

I''m sure it was lovely though! Congrats!
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! You look so beautiful and your pictures are gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! Everything looked so beautiful!!! Congrats again!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! Congrats!! You looked gorgeous.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
AN- what a gorgeous wedding. I''m just loving those pictures in the canoe, the dock. How beautiful. I really want to do this one day as a vow renewal- it looks perfect!

your flowers are my wedding colors. i was nervous because just yesterday my florist gave me some grief about how the colors just weren''t looking right and he wanted to take the orange out- so i pulled up your pictures and had my mom show them to him since i''m out of town! i hope you don''t mind- THEY ARE PHENOMENAL!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
seeing those got me SOOOO excited for mine now- so thanks!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You looked beautiful! Gorgeous pictures
30.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful bride, venue, flowers, photographs...everything!!! Congratulations!!!
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
HOW BEAUTIFUL! What lovely photos!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 1:01:38 AM

Date: 9/16/2009 12:02:25 AM
Author: AsscherNut

AsscherNut,

30.gif

2.gif

Congrats!

And great date, BTW!

It was definitely very private and romantic. We still had all the elements of a ''regular'' wedding- officiant, flowers, dress, venue, makeup/hair, photographer, videographer,etc...and it was all planned in 2-3 months!

We sent out elopement annoucements with our websites just yesterday and been getting things like '' I wish I had thought of that'' or ''that was the way to go'' and we are have a wedding celebration party with just our immediate families in October-hopefully by then, our videographer will have our DVD ready to show and tell
9.gif

And with all the money you save- take an awesome honeymoon and home renovations (that''s exactly what we''re doing)

Let me know if you need anything else...I''d be happy to share
Thank you so much for the additional details!

I''m in NC now, but I grew up outside of Baltimore, in Towson until I was 14, and MD still has my heart.
30.gif
I love taking FI back to where I grew up... it has such fond memories for me
5.gif

Did you honeymoon in St. Michaels, or are you planning another trip? I''d be equally happy to do something local/with driving distance, or flying to an island! I''d love to do a casual get-together to celebrate our marriage, but it''s a logistical nightmare because FI and I live on the East Coast in two different states, most of my family is on the East Coast, my family and HS friends are in the Midwest, FI''s family is in the Bay area in CA, and our college friends are mostly in the LA area...
32.gif

I''m very excited to elope though. It''s going to happen, just a matter of where and when. I really look forward to the romance and intimacy of it all.

Thanks for the encouragement! It''s nice to hear someone support my plan to elope, I get so much negative feedback about it all the time, so it means a lot!

35.gif
Awesome...I was born and raised in MD and for some reason or another- wherever I am, I always come back
1.gif

No, we were only able to stay in St Michaels for one night. We''re taking our honeymoon in December- 25 days in Australia and New Zealand...I can''t wait!!!

No problem! Good luck with planning and please share when you get a chance
35.gif

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:49:42 AM
Author: charbie
AN- what a gorgeous wedding. I''m just loving those pictures in the canoe, the dock. How beautiful. I really want to do this one day as a vow renewal- it looks perfect!

your flowers are my wedding colors. i was nervous because just yesterday my florist gave me some grief about how the colors just weren''t looking right and he wanted to take the orange out- so i pulled up your pictures and had my mom show them to him since i''m out of town! i hope you don''t mind- THEY ARE PHENOMENAL!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
seeing those got me SOOOO excited for mine now- so thanks!!
Awww thanks. Charbie!

No, problem! I actuallly pulled the idea from TheKnot and the Dahlias were suppose to be a bright pink-but my florist said that when they shipped, they didn''t look so good
23.gif
....so she substituted them with wine colored ones.

I love bright colors and wanted the green orchids and my DH loves dahlias (there are orange mini callas and roses too)....so it was a great match
9.gif
My bouquet is drying as we speak, so I''ll let you know how they turn out too

I can''t wait to see your pics!!!! It''s creeping up quickly....how are YOU feeling?!?

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone! It''s so nice to get such great support, I truly appreciate it
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
sooo romantic!
lovely pictures!
Congrats!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Such beautiful photos! Your wedding looks so intimate, romantic, and perfect. Best wishes to you!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! you are such a beautiful bride!
36.gif

oh... and i love your tat! was that a panda?

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 11:42:53 AM
Author: cleokizzy
congratulations! you are such a beautiful bride!
36.gif

oh... and i love your tat! was that a panda?
Awww thanks cleo!

Yes, it''s the San-X Japanese Tare-Panda. It''s in memory of my father, since the translation of the character in Mandarin sound like "pa-pa"..... In the halo, I have the numbers "88-520, which means "daddy, I love you"

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What great pictures. I love how the photographer incorporated the lovely scenery. Your dress and flowers are really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results