shape
carat
color
clarity

Elmorton -- READY FOR BIX???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck Saturday!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Elmorton! Go get ''em! Smash that hill down!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
AWWWWWWW!!! You both are so sweet!!! Haha, the answer is NO, I''m not ready, but I''m excited! DH and I ran the route yesterday and um...I walked most of it and got a sunburn. I''m hoping the excitement of the actual day will get me pumped up. DH is bailing on me (and so did my friend who as supposed to come into town) and then I''m doing a freelance story for the Times afterward, so I have to at least survive on my own. :)

Dancingqueen, are you doing the 7 this year?!?!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

Yes, I''m doing the 7. I''m still not signed up, but heading to the Expo on my lunchbreak. Looks like it''s going to be a beautiful morning!

When will your story be in the Times? Sunday?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Good luck to you too, then!! I haven''t picked up my packet yet - waiting for DH to get home so we can go downtown enjoy the pre-festivities. I had no idea that there was stuff this evening, too.

I''m guessing my story will run Sunday, though it might be an online-only - I''m doing a short article about the jazz festival. I am a little nervous, it''s my first time doing in-person interviews and writing on a real deadline, but it should be a really fun time. DH is covering baseball in Des Moines, so we were planning on going when he gets home anyway, but I think I''m going to have a lot more fun being out there and getting to talk to a few musicians and spectators.

OH! In other Iowa news, we were on our way back from Des Moines last night and I wanted to stop in Amana for dinner, so I convinced DH to drive out there - and on our way in, we ran into the RAGBRI! We went to the brewery and a bunch of bikers were there...we had such a blast listening in on their conversations and seeing all of them out there. It''s so strange, I would have never pegged IA as being such an athletic state, but the Ragbri/Bix weekend craze is absolutely awesome. Lots of excitement!

Have fun tomorrow!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Aughhhhh!!! It was AWESOME!!! So, so much more than I expected - the crowds, all the people, the adrenaline...SO AMAZING!

Dancinqueen, on my way back to the car, I started watching the 7 milers finish...I can''t believe how fast everyone was going, and I was just standing at the bottom of the hill where it turns. Very cool just to watch!! I don''t know how you guys keep going like that - wow. :)

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I’m glad you enjoyed it! It is a great event. It’s too bad they kind of screwed it up this year. I read this morning they had the lowest participation since 1990. Changing the bix@6 runs was a big mistake. I know a lot of people that refused to sign up for that reason.

Regardless, I had a pretty good race. Not my best time, but I still managed to finish in 58 minutes. I was hoping it was going to be a little cooler, but heat is part of the whole experience.

Are you going to sign up for another race? You should consider the 5K of the QC Marathon. That is another great event to see!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, that''s a pretty awesome time!! Congrats!

Definitely signing up for another race. :) Actually, just before I logged on to PS this morning, I was looking at the Run with Carl 5k. I like the timing of it being Labor Day weekend - it''s far away enough that I think add another mile to my workout and not get too stressed and soon enough to not lose momentum.

When is the QC Marathon?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I have never done Run with Carl. I should check it out this year.

The QC Marathon is Sep 28 (usually on a Sunday). It starts at the I Wireless Center. The 5K course is all in Illinois, but the marathon crosses the 74 bridge, goes through Iowa, back across the Centennial and then back to the I Wireless Center.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results