shape
carat
color
clarity

Elementary Kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

begin ing

Rough_Rock
my lovely girl (8 yrs old) just gone on a field trip to a retirement center to interview elders and to write a song about the person they interview...It brought tears to everyone''s eyes watching the kids loving and gave total attention to the life stores of the elders! here are some pictures from the trip

classpic2mf.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great looking bunch of kids.....which is yours?

and even more important: what a great thing to do! for both the elderly and the kids. will the kids then return and give ''their person'' the song?

i''m really impressed!

peace, movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
My 9 Year old (4th) does this as well. they started going in the 2nd grade. They go to a retirement community once a week (with their class) to help them eat lunch and tidy their rooms, etc. She loves going and over holidays and breaks they write their people in the community to let them know what they are up to. My youngest is scheduled to go with their schoo this year and is very excited. Their school also does something called ''Helping Hands'' Where for 2 hours, one day a week, they work with mentally and phyically handicap children. They play with them, read to them.. etc. and my girls are always talking about how excited that their ''day'' of the week is coming. I love how the school pushes the aspect of being involved in the community. It is uplifting.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
also a good program, Mine! glad to know there are such programs in the schools.

peace, movie zombie

begin ing

Rough_Rock
Lilly (my kid) is the one on bottom right hand corner behind the boy with the white shirt. They are going back on Nov 10 to sing and dance the songs they wrote. Lilly can''t stop talking about how she can''t wait to go back again.
MINE - that is too cool - ever week! they really benifit from helping out and also builds their confidence.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
all nice looking kids....especially the girl behind the boy in the white shirt in the bottom right hand corner!

i think its great Lilly is excited! would she allow you to post her lyrics here?

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results