shape
carat
color
clarity

Elegant 6-prong settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend took me to Tiffany''s to look at rings recently (either a really stupid or really smart move depending on how you look at it - he got me really excited about getting engaged soon, but created a monster in the process. He seems to like it
31.gif
), and now my standards for what a setting should look like have skyrocketed. I love the simplicity of the original tiffany - 6 prongs perfectly proportioned and elegantly mounted - but now I''m seeing all the flaws of the "tiffany" rings seen in typical stores. They just lack a certain finesse in my eyes, and I''m sure it''s more than just the name influencing me.

Though I love the Tiffany original, I don''t really want my bf to drop his money there. I know he can get as good or better a diamond for less elsewhere. At the same time, I don''t want my setting to just be a copy, regardless of how good it is (like the superbcert one). I''m thinking what I really need is a unique solitaire setting with the qualities I really want - 6 prongs and understated elegance. I''m not a fan of all the 4 prong designs, and given my lifestyle feel the security of 6 prongs is a better choice. I''ve come across the DVatche Royal Crown setting online, but haven''t seen it in person yet to see if I like it.

Does anyone have pics of rings that might fit the bill? I''m looking for ideas to pass on to my bf so if he looks into designing the ring himself (which he''s mentioned in passing) he has a bank of inspiration to draw from. Thanks!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try Mark Morrell. His work is GORGEOUS and he seems to specialize in really fluid solitaire settings. He will also set any diamond that you get from a PS vendor, so you can get a gorgeous handmade setting plus a knockout diamond.

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

Good luck!!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, neatfreak! You''re right, his designs are very fluid and absolutely gorgeous! Also quite handy that he specializes in custom designs
36.gif
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you run a search here on PS for his name, you will find many many examples of his work. Stunning. I think there is even a thread somewhere on here with only his designs.

Glad I could help!
1.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard that Excel diamonds (Superbcert) has an excellent Tiffany solitaire reproduction. It''s only $1250 in platinum. It looks pretty good to me in the pictures and if you do a search on pricescope I''m sure you can find a bunch of happy customers. I think people are pretty happy with their diamonds as well and they have a lot of info on their superbCert diamonds on their site so it''d be pretty easy to shop.

Although I have to say, for a $400-$500 price difference, I''d prefer the mark morell sunburst. MMMMMM
18.gif
I keep trying to convince my father to remount my mother''s diamond in one just so I can have a Mark Morell in the family!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results