shape
carat
color
clarity

Election Night...What Are You Doing

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am tempted to treat it like a Super Bowl Party... Wings, Nachos, Unhealthy Snacks...screaming at the TV!

My college age son and his girlfriend are coming over. We are total geeks about politics! This is better than the Super Bowl in my opinion!

What are you doing tomorrow night?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like fun House Cat. I hope we are just spending a quiet evening at home and hoping we get to go to bed early and fall asleep easily and wake up refreshed ready to deal with the new normal. And sure hoping the USA will be OK. I am nervous about it all but hoping for the best. Enjoy the election festivities!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
missy|1478538264|4094817 said:
Sounds like fun House Cat. I hope we are just spending a quiet evening at home and hoping we get to go to bed early and fall asleep easily and wake up refreshed ready to deal with the new normal. And sure hoping the USA will be OK. I am nervous about it all but hoping for the best. Enjoy the election festivities!

I think we're with Missy on this one. Maybe make a nice dinner, then Netflix, Netflix, Netflix. I have a sinking feeling it actually won't be over/fully decided when we get up on Wednesday morning. Ugh.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drinking.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
For the first time in many years, I plan to be in a group setting. My club is having a viewing night with TV projected on a large screen, dinner and drinks. Many drinks. I feel the need to be with others, either to celebrate or mourn. Most members seem to be more or less on my page, politically.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the usual Tuesday night routine and be prepared for whatever Wednesday morning brings. :errrr:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to the area Democratic Party watch party... huge event, thousands of people, dozens of local officials. I have never been to the big one before but this year is my chance! I've planned my outfit and everything (cobalt blue suit with white Hillary shirt).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm spending the evening with my father. He doesn't talk much (if at all), which is probably just as well since we're pretty much on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

However, I'll also be chatting online with a small group of friends from around the country. :dance: We've been getting together to chat once a week for several years now. We don't all share the same political viewpoint but we do get along and can chat politics with humor and insight and respect.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My luck will be I'm standing in line waiting to vote. I hope I won't be but you just never know. After I plan on going home, having a drink, then go to bed. :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drinking and this:

electionpic.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drowning my sorrows ... or celebrating.

Either way, this election will justify LOTS of alcohol.

screen_shot_2016-11-07_at_12.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's Tuesday so I have boxing like usual. I am getting up like normal and going to vote like I normally would on an election day. And hoping like hell getting there that early doesnt make me late as hell for work!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My wife and I have saved up some good things to watch during the evening and are planning on a quiet night at home.

She has already voted and I will vote tomorrow morning, no matter how long I have to wait.

When we are ready to go to bed we will turn to see what the news is, and then no matter what, be thankful for the fact that we live in the greatest nation on earth with tremendous personal freedoms and concomitantly obligations that come with those freedoms. We have both lived in other nations and know that as much as we loved our times abroad, neither of us can conceive of living elsewhere by choice.

Both of us proud to be Americans and take our participation seriously, but neither of us feel obligated to wallow in the bitterness of this campaign.

I wish you all well, no matter what you are doing for the election evening, and no matter who you vote for. No matter who wins, we will still be a great nation and life will go forward.

Wink

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I won't be celebrating or complaining about the results, but I will be celebrating the end of the election :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: We'll be watching. We always do. And we'll be drinking because it makes it more fun :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going out to dinner and then probably watching some election coverage when we come home. I will save tonight's TIVO'd Dancing With the Stars episode for tomorrow in case I decide not to watch election news or want a break from it. There will probably be alcohol consumption.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure yet! Several invites for election parties and overnights/free uber rides offered. Probably going to pass and just stay home to cringe at Twitter posts and refresh whatever screen I have the election happening on. Wednesday morning will be the real test...I hope this thing shakes out with an actual President-Elect and not that b.s. we had with Bush/Gore back in the day. God that was awful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably watching Steven Colbert or Daily Show coverage. DH wants to watch CNN, but I am going to need humor.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning my guns, chain smoking, and drinking apple pie moonshine from a mason jar like the good little deplorable conservative I am. :Up_to_something:

Kidding of course ... my guns are already clean. 8-)

We will watch the results roll in, and I will probably clean up my laptop's desktop and some e-files to be somewhat productive ... and pray for our country because - regardless of the outcome - we're gonna need it to recover from this crapstorm of an election. :???:

Wishing everyone a safe evening filled with graciousness & respect from and toward those with whom you may differ politically. :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Eating Ice Cream and watching youtube videos. I voted early so I am hoping everything turns out ok tomorrow, and drowning my anxiety in sugar and youtube beauty gurus

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1478571247|4095008 said:
Not sure yet! Several invites for election parties and overnights/free uber rides offered. Probably going to pass and just stay home to cringe at Twitter posts and refresh whatever screen I have the election happening on. Wednesday morning will be the real test...I hope this thing shakes out with an actual President-Elect and not that b.s. we had with Bush/Gore back in the day. God that was awful.

Yes, and this time we won't have a fully-functioning SC to decide anything, or a candidate who will concede gracefully, if at all.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are having chicken pot pies, and watch the results come in...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are indulging with some gourmet chocolate caramel covered apples from a local shop that makes them. I get mine with nuts which I find ironically appropriate for today's election ;-)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to need comfort food so I decided to munch on a pepperoni pizza washed down with Blue Moon. Or, I'll just be spooning Nutella from the jar into my mouth, maybe both.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I got to vote earlier in the day, I guess I'll just be drinking. pizza does sound like a fun idea though, can't deny that :cheeky:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1478635434|4095324 said:
I'm going to need comfort food so I decided to munch on a pepperoni pizza washed down with Blue Moon. Or, I'll just be spooning Nutella from the jar into my mouth, maybe both.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Babysitting grandsons while my son and daughter in law go house hunting.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1478574288|4095011 said:
Cleaning my guns, chain smoking, and drinking apple pie moonshine from a mason jar like the good little deplorable conservative I am. :Up_to_something:

Kidding of course ... my guns are already clean. 8-)

We will watch the results roll in, and I will probably clean up my laptop's desktop and some e-files to be somewhat productive ... and pray for our country because - regardless of the outcome - we're gonna need it to recover from this crapstorm of an election. :???:

Wishing everyone a safe evening filled with graciousness & respect from and toward those with whom you may differ politically. :wavey:

:lol:
Appreciate your well wishes.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Matata|1478635434|4095324 said:

:lol:

I don't think liberals will be disappointed.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Just having a quiet evening at home. I voted two weeks ago. I'll wait to see the bad news tomorrow. I'm not a fan of either candidate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results