shape
carat
color
clarity

egl certificate accuracy nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Most jewelers told me that nowadays EGL LA Lab are very accurate unlike the old days. Is this true?Turn aroudn time fr. EGL LA lab is faster than GIA. WHy is this?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it is the same one who carries more EGL than GIA certified stones. I look at EGL stones, and they look good, just that one jeweler showed me an H color princess EGL came back as J color fr. GIA, so I am cautious. The J color looks as white as my current G color stone or better, so I wouldn't know from just looking at stone whether color is correct. My current stone is GIA G color princess cut, but crown angle and pavilion must be off because it didn't shine as much as the J color GIA princess cut stone. A lot of stress shopping for diamond.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Most people don't view EGL as being as accurate as GIA or AGS. Are the people who are telling you that EGL LA is "better" now the same ones that are trying to sell you a diamond?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
MnbIt shouldn't be so stressful.Take the stone to independent appraiser to verify it. You will need an appraisal for insurance anyway.Take it to Steven Policastro ( [email protected] ) or Thom Underwood ( http://www.sdgemlab.com ) in San Diego, CA.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A well-cut J color will face up as white as a G, at least in my experience. Color is graded by looking through the diamond on its side and the color is visible that way. Face up, the cut has a huge affect on the appearance. I have a super-ideal cut J color and it appears very white and beautiful.The Rodentman

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
If that J looks as good as your G then that sounds pretty good as long as you're happy with the color of your G. If you're interested in how it looks to you and you dont' like color, you can stop spending money for color wherever you stop seeing it and the significance of the J is just what it means for the price compared to other J graded diamonds.Beign able to compare is one of the nice advantages of the brick and mortar stores. Can save yuou significant money if you realise you don't really need a high color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results