shape
carat
color
clarity

Eerie ad from past made impression on me regarding election.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Eerie ad from past made impression on me regarding elect

Gypsy,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have RA.

I'm annoyed to hear that insurance issues are delaying your infusion.

Sending hugs.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry, Gypsy :(

Glad you posted this though, since this is something I've also considered posting. Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you both. ((HUGS)) to you both.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy, thank you for posting this. Haunting and rings true today. It's like a Twilight Zone flashback in the worst way. I feel like we are living in a surreal time with Donald Trump running for President though I am heartened by the fact that more and more people seem to be realizing he is a dangerous candidate. You can apply much of this ad from all those years ago to what is happening today.

"Hardest thing about this whole campaign is sorting out one Goldwater statement from another"

“This man scares me”

"“We’re up against a very different kind of a man, I can't figure out what Goldwater means"

if you unite behind a man you don’t believe in, it’s a lie”

"I thought about not voting in this election and staying home but I can't do that because that means you don't care, the stakes are too high for you to stay home"

Wow, so powerful all these years later.

Gypsy, I am sorry your infusion was postponed yet again and sending healing vibes your way and hoping you find relief very soon.
Big (((HUGS))).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had not seen this ad before. Thank you for posting. It was brilliant and it worked.

This is a political ad with an actor. I do see similarities on both sides though. LBJ was no saint.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy, I'm sorry you are not able to get the infusion today. Are you able to get some relief from pain relivers until the insurance company straightens this out?

Wow, The similarities are unbelievable. I can hear the twilight zone music in my head.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow! Just wow! Really eye opening. Wonder how today's ads will be viewed in 50 years? I guess it will depend on the result in Nov. and how that person impacts our country.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and that your infusion was delayed. That stinks! Hope you get it asap and start to feel better soon!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eerie indeed! That was really interesting, I'm glad you posted it.

Gyps, I'm sorry about your infusion. Are you able to find any sort of relief until you get it? My daughter is on remicaid (is that what you get?) and I'd be so frustrated if insurance were calling the shots like that. Insurance is such a double-edged sword. Hang in there, and hugs!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I had chills watching it. So creepy how much it is the same. And yes, LBJ was no saint. We have a bad habit of ignoring history's lessons to us.

Regarding my infusion: yes, it's Remicade. And by the time I get the damned thing it will 4 weeks overdue thanks to the insurance (first two weeks were due to not HAVING insurance because they screwed up paperwork, third because my cat was really sick the day I had to have my infusion and I took him to the vet instead).

Motrin is all I have that really works. And Voltarian gel (which is great stuff). I am trying to retain the health of my stomach lining though so I am more inclined to grin and bear it than take so much Motrin.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Have you tried Mobic (meloxicam)? It's easier on the stomach and kidneys. I just about killed my kidneys using ibuprofen for my arthritis. But the Mobic works well, plus I only have to take it once a day.

On the topic, it is a very interesting ad. Recently I watched Black Legion with Bogart, and some of the themes are weirdly still an issue today. The movie is about a guy who loses his job to an immigrant and then joins a hate group that terrorizes and kills immigrants. Sadly, it seems that not much has changed here.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

BeekeeperBetty|1471678185|4067997 said:
Have you tried Mobic (meloxicam)? It's easier on the stomach and kidneys. I just about killed my kidneys using ibuprofen for my arthritis. But the Mobic works well, plus I only have to take it once a day.

On the topic, it is a very interesting ad. Recently I watched Black Legion with Bogart, and some of the themes are weirdly still an issue today. The movie is about a guy who loses his job to an immigrant and then joins a hate group that terrorizes and kills immigrants. Sadly, it seems that not much has changed here.

I am allergic to Mobic. The only medication I can take that is easier on my stomach is Diclofenac (pill version of Voltaren) but it takes 2 weeks to really take effect and there really isn't any point in it, since in two weeks I SHOULD be okay.

Trust me though, if I thought I was going to be 4 weeks out, I would have taken it 4 weeks ago!!

And yes, I agree it is sad that hatred endures so faithfully.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Excellent advertisement, Gypsy, although while LBJ was president I saw no redeeming values in him. All I saw was the Vietnam War. Only later was I able to see that he had advocated social programs under the mantle of "The Great Society".

One of our goals as a society has to be to break the backs of the insurance companies that are a huge part of The Shadow Government. They are the ones running so much of our world and denying you your infusion. As I have said here before, when I was growing up I went to my doctor and there were two physicians in the office and one high school girl who worked for them part-time. Because someone had to pull down fresh paper on the examining tables; write up appointment cards; and answer the telephone. Now I go to the doctor and there is one doctor with three or four office workers shuffling insurance papers.

Good luck getting that infusion!

Hugs,
(((Gypsy)))
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results