shape
carat
color
clarity

Education information

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribbean spice

Rough_Rock
Well i am new and have been search the net and this seems to be the only really active board on this subject to get a public opinion.
I recently started looking for a new career since the one i am studying won''t allow me to move back home (the Bahamas). Since we have sooooooo many jewelry stores here, the idea of being a gemologist is the only one on a list of pontentials that I actually like. But I don''t just want to be a gemologist, I would also like to cut the stones and design the pieces.
I was just wondering which schools would you recommend for the gemology, gem-a and aigs are tops on my list (i liked the depth of the course discriptions and the fact that there were a lot of stones to study and many tours that aigs had but due to the tsinami i find myself leaning more to gem-a). But info about other schools would be appreciated.
And if anyone here took the applied jewelry arts and graduate jeweler at gia, if they also include lapidary, and what other programs would be recommended.

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results