shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking around on ebay and noticed that they have a ton of wedding related supplies. What have you bought on ebay for your wedding?

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m a total eBay freak, lol! Let''s see...I''ve purchased my dress, shoes, flower girl dress, flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow and toasting flutes (so far) on eBay! You really can find some amazing deals! For example, I got my dress (brand new with tags) for 1/9th of the retail price! Here''s a link to my wedding stuff thread in case you''re interested: Kerbear560''s wedding stuff

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
So far, I''ve purchased my gown, toasting flutes, cake server set, tiara, and wedding day shoes. All of those brand new. All of those for a grand total of about $300 (which includes shipping)!!! The flutes and server set are one of this year''s "models" at Things Remembered. The tiara has real Swavoroski crystals. My gown was custom made from 4 of my favorite gowns. Next, I''ll be hunting for undergarments for my gown, a watch for future hubby for wedidng day gift, and whatever else we need.

In that we are still more than 7 months out, I check a few times a week for the stuff I want and if it''s not there (yet), I just wait patiently. For it will be :) I also pay attention to the seller''s rating score and I read a bunch of thier feedback before buying from them.

In all, I''ve been using Ebay for a good 7 years now so I do feel very comfortable going to it as a source of amazing deals. I havn''t had a bad experience yet and will usually go to Ebay first before shopping at brick and mortar stores.

Have fun!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I''m so impressed! One reason I don''t buy online much is b/c I''m not so good about returning something if it doesn''t fit/I don''t like it. But I may have to start a bit more. All my experiences w/purchases have been good so far.

Do you usually go to specific ebay stores or just type in your wanted item and find something that is similar?

I hadn''t thought of things like flower girl dress, shoes, flutes.. Thanks!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I bought my dress ($500 with shipping), my veil ($20 with shipping), iron on rhinestone transfers to make bride, bridesmaid, MOH shirts with ($5 each free shipping).

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, your shirts are very cute! I think buying a dress online would make me nervous.
For those of you who did, did you already know what you wanted and then trying to beat the price or bought more than one and sent back or just got it right the first time?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I knew what dress dress I wanted and had tried it on in. I don''t think I would''ve bought it otherwise (especially since I already had a dress...woops!)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another ebay freak here!
I bought my:
-shoes
-bustier
-headpiece
-garter
-aisle runner
-thank you cards (wedding and shower)

Dixie- i first started out by doing a search, and narrowed down the sellers by their terms and feedback. I had a couple of "favorites"

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 2:31:57 PM
Author: dixie94
WOW! I''m so impressed! One reason I don''t buy online much is b/c I''m not so good about returning something if it doesn''t fit/I don''t like it. But I may have to start a bit more. All my experiences w/purchases have been good so far.

Do you usually go to specific ebay stores or just type in your wanted item and find something that is similar?

I hadn''t thought of things like flower girl dress, shoes, flutes.. Thanks!!
I usually just type in what I''m looking for and start scrolling through the results until I find something that I like! If I have something specific in mind, and it doesn''t come up in the search results the first time, I just keep trying. Chances are what you''re looking for will eventually pop up if you''re patient and have the time to wait (and actually, in some instances when I have been looking for something in particular, I ended up finding something I liked even better)! Like So_happy, I also make sure to pay attention to the seller''s feedback score and read their feedback comments before bidding. I haven''t had a bad experience yet (knock on wood)!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 10:15:41 AM
Author: dixie94
Robbie, your shirts are very cute! I think buying a dress online would make me nervous.
For those of you who did, did you already know what you wanted and then trying to beat the price or bought more than one and sent back or just got it right the first time?
This is one of those instances where I was searching for a specific item and ended up finding something I liked even better! I was totally in love with an Amsale gown, but didn''t want to order it from a salon because I''m very frugal, and couldn''t justify spending that much on a dress I would wear for one day. So, I searched on eBay daily hoping to find it new with tags or previously worn in great condition, and one day I happened to come across my dress- a brand new with tags Lazaro gold sash dress, in my size, without any bids! So, I decided to watch it, and days later it still didn''t have any bids! I was a little nervous; because it wasn''t a dress I had tried on before, although I had tried on various styles and decided I looked best in a dropped waist (which it was), so I decided to go for it! I ended up being the only bidder!
36.gif
After it arrived, I tried it on, and it fit perfectly (except for the hem)! It''s totally gorgeous, and I actually like it better on me than my original choice!
9.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to add that when I''m buying clothes, I usually know exactly what will fit me first. For example, I know I fit in a size X jeans from the Gap because I buy from them often enough.........so I often search for gap + size x and tons of results are at my fingertips. I also do this for my Victoria Secret''s bras.............I know my size and go for it. Beats spending $50 for a bra!!! (with bras I always always always go for the brand new ones). This goes for most of the things I ebay for...........finding them first in a brick and mortar and then hunting for them online.

It''s sooooo much fun to know I saved 50% or more on most of my things :) Being a grad student, it allows me to have some of what I consider a "normal" consumer life without truly paying all that much for it. lol. To top it off.......I always check for new-with-tags stuff first and have usually been accomodated :)

I also buy my electronics thru ebay.........my best purchase to date was my Garmin Gps for $200 brand spanking new! The thing is STILL going for $600 at Staples.

yay for ebay!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I bought my flower girl dress and a flower for my hair. Was going to get my veil on ebay, but waited to long so I bought it directly from the vendor (who is an ebay vendor, I believe). I think that''s it.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I used eBay for my personalized napkins and the broom that we jumped. I took a chance with the broom seller, but the napkins seller was recommended by a girl on another board.

I was too much of weinie to get the "big stuff" from there.
1.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I''m impressed and certainly convinced that I need to spend more time on Ebay. I will definitely check out dresses after I''ve tried some on. Now, I wouldn''t even know where to start!

Thanks everyone!!

repartee

Rough_Rock
I looooove eBay...I got my dress on eBay and am looking at wedding invites, wedding jewelry, bridesmaids'' dresses...basically it''s the first place I look. And we got my e-ring, too.

Grace

olyelr

Rough_Rock
I got the bouquet and boutonniere... the veil and his tux from ebay!

i love ebay... and the dress was purchased locally, used, $40.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results