shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay seller mydiamondzone

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I have not looked at EBay in a very, very long time but decided to see what’s available after hearing a fellow PS’er saying that you can maybe find good deals on OEC or OMC diamonds. I am a newbie to old stones. Only have two old rings, one cluster and one filigree ring with small stones and I am just mesmerized with the stone on my filigree ring that I want a larger one:). My ER is a MRB but I’d like to slowly venture into antique cuts more. I follow a few IG sellers too and I know there’s OWD that’s reputable but I’m just broadening my search.

This seller seems to have a bunch of them and has 100% positive feedback. Had anyone dealt with this seller? Thanks so much.

Last edited:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Ivyandrose.com is their website! You can email them for more videos and pictures of the stone too. They reply promptly.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Ivyandrose.com is their website! You can email them for more videos and pictures of the stone too. They reply promptly.

Thank you! Didn’t realize they’re the same company.

I ordered a "custom" ring from them back in 2018. They had a white gold setting meant for a 6mm round stone and I wanted a rose gold version for a 5.6mm stone. My cost ended up being similar to what their stock piece cost since I didn't need CADs or anything. They would have also been able to set my stone for a minimal fee, but at the time I wasn't comfortable with shipping my stone to a vendor.

I love this ring and I still have it. It's not the heftiest of settings for sure. But it's exactly what I was looking for with my small budget at the time.

20180726_213334.jpg
20180726_213324.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a "custom" ring from them back in 2018. They had a white gold setting meant for a 6mm round stone and I wanted a rose gold version for a 5.6mm stone. My cost ended up being similar to what their stock piece cost since I didn't need CADs or anything. They would have also been able to set my stone for a minimal fee, but at the time I wasn't comfortable with shipping my stone to a vendor.

I love this ring and I still have it. It's not the heftiest of settings for sure. But it's exactly what I was looking for with my small budget at the time.

20180726_213334.jpg
20180726_213324.jpg

That's the one big thing I emphasize about them. I have had one setting from them. The settings they make are lightweight and lighter than I prefer in metal content. However, I think they are fine for what they are and the price, all in.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

20180726_213334.jpg
20180726_213324.jpg

Thank you!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
That's the one big thing I emphasize about them. I have had one setting from them. The settings they make are lightweight and lighter than I prefer in metal content. However, I think they are fine for what they are and the price, all in.

Thanks, @elizat. Love your rings! You have the patience of a saint waiting for your custom orders ;-).

ean

Brilliant_Rock
AF2CC591-BD28-408E-938D-5C81C296711A.jpeg

This came from them, btw. This is a hefty one at almost 7g and very substantial. Their stock settings though are a little bit on the lighter side. Maybe if you decide to go custom you can specify that you want some “heft” in your piece.

Attachments

• 97A37FCE-3C3E-4389-9980-756BF540AA1F.jpeg
    97A37FCE-3C3E-4389-9980-756BF540AA1F.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 44

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a repeat purchaser from Ivy & Rose I can agree that their service is top rate and their items beautiful and well priced.
yes, the ring settings are somewhat “light” but that doesn’t affect their durability, it just helps keep the prices down.
they also have excellent pre loved jewellery.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I made a thread on them a while back. Feel free to add on to it if you do get your diamond or settings!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again everyone,

Can you please provide input on this stone? It’s an H SI1. They couldn’t provide me with additional photos right now but sent the video below. They said it’s eye-clean and faces up white. It’s only .60 carats so I’m not so worried about inclusions if it doesn’t affect performance.

Thanks!!

1614633450288.png

1614633384154.png

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
*bump- hope to hear from OEC experts. Thanks so much.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty, clean stone with an interesting facet pattern. Do you like it?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
It's a pretty, clean stone with an interesting facet pattern. Do you like it?

Thanks, @MMtwo. I think I do. I don’t know much about OEC and I haven’t seen any stones IRL larger than my 0.25 ct filigree ring. I love staring at it even if it’s such a small stone. All I’ve seen are the gorgeous ones PS’ers have here and I love them. So different from what I’m used to with MRBs. I figured I’d venture out with a smaller stone like this. I wish I can see some stones IRL.

May I ask how you define interesting with regards to this stone? I understand many like the flowery pattern? Is that the more desirable pattern? Thank you.

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
If returnable I say go for it

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @MMtwo. I think I do. I don’t know much about OEC and I haven’t seen any stones IRL larger than my 0.25 ct filigree ring. I love staring at it even if it’s such a small stone. All I’ve seen are the gorgeous ones PS’ers have here and I love them. So different from what I’m used to with MRBs. I figured I’d venture out with a smaller stone like this. I wish I can see some stones IRL.

May I ask how you define interesting with regards to this stone? I understand many like the flowery pattern? Is that the more desirable pattern? Thank you.

I agree with @Tayberry. This picture is lovely, but diamonds need to be seen in action. The diamond will be smaller and may translate differently then this picture in real life.

I think you should check it out in person.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock

A .60ct OEC is not too small to pack a powerful punch and be a real presence in a ring. My engagement ring from my late husband is a .50ct OEC, and man o' man the brightness of the diamond and flashes of light that stand out are very enjoyable.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @Tayberry. This picture is lovely, but diamonds need to be seen in action. The diamond will be smaller and may translate differently then this picture in real life.

I think you should check it out in person.

Thanks, @MMtwo. Unfortunately, I can’t see it in person as I’m in a different state.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just saw that you posted a video @Dmndsr4evr11 !

The pattern is interesting! Doesn’t exactly look like the typically bubbly, flower pattern but it’s pretty and I love the H color. Higher color OECs are not as common. The table is on the larger end for an OEC. But so is mine, and I love it.

Rocky Talky is more trafficked in the Diamond section of the forum and there are some cut experts who will likely chime in!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I just saw that you posted a video @Dmndsr4evr11 !

The pattern is interesting! Doesn’t exactly look like the typically bubbly, flower pattern but it’s pretty and I love the H color. Higher color OECs are not as common. The table is on the larger end for an OEC. But so is mine, and I love it.

Rocky Talky is more trafficked in the Diamond section of the forum and there are some cut experts who will likely chime in!

Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have posted it there. @Dee*Jay was kind enough to look at it in person and said it was a pretty stone so I just went for it. It seems more like a transitional cut than an OEC. It’s 54% table vs. 53%. Will see if I like it when I get it.

I love the pattern of your stone :).

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have posted it there. @Dee*Jay was kind enough to look at it in person and said it was a pretty stone so I just went for it. It seems more like a transitional cut than an OEC. It’s 54% table vs. 53%. Will see if I like it when I get it.

I love the pattern of your stone :).

Aww thank you! I lucked out with mine!

I hope you like it in person! I like multiple flavors of OEC, and transitionals. Excited to see what you think of it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results