shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay problem - Artdecojewelers

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought and paid for a ring on ebay. The ring wasn't in the condition described. I contacted the seller, who was very friendly and said to send it back. If it could be repaired then she would do so. If it couldn't be repaired then she would refund my shipping both ways since the item wasn't as described.

She part refunded my money, not shipping, and sent a request to cancel the transaction. I wrote to her 3 times - confirming that the ring couldn't fixed and asking for the shipping back, and also to say that I wouldn't be cancelling the transaction without a shipping refund. I gave her plenty of time - a week - to respond. I contacted ebay the day before the transaction would automatically side in her favour and they said to hit "do not cancel" if my money wasn't funded. I followed their suggestion.

She contacts me today, 4 days after I turned down the request to cancel the transaction. She's very upset because I didn't agree to cancel the transaction. She doesn't understand why I didn't cancel the transaction. I have now written to her twice explaining why I didn't - I didn't have all my money back as agreed and ebay suggested that I shouldn't agreed to the request if I didn't have my money back.

Dear artdecojewelers,

Jen,

I sent two messages on the 4th to confirm that the ring was unable to be fixed. I also sent a message on the 6th saying that I wouldn't cancel the sale until shipping was refunded as well. On the 10th, a week later, and the day which the request would have expired in your favor, I contacted ebay who told me I should only let it expire if I had all the money back. So I declined the request explaining I had to decline it because I didn't have the money back.

I had no reply to either message on the 4th, the one on the 6th, or the one on the 10th. That was 4 messages with no response about the refunding of money. Yes, I did decline your request in line with what ebay recommended. If you had replied to any of my 3 messages before that date or refunded the rest of the money, I wouldn't have declined your request to cancel the transaction.

Please refund the rest of my money.

Regards,
Addy

Dear XXX,

You should have simply cancelled the trans as per common sense
there was no need to let that expire - it is ridiculous that you want what you want but you demand
shipping refund (first) and then you will agree to cancel ebay trans....... we are out ALL EBAY FEES
bec you refused to cancel trans and How are we to recoup these fees? can u now explain that? We are out all fees bec of you. thanks!

- artdecojewelers

Dear XXX,

EBAY SENT THIS MESSAGE TO US:

Case status: Closed. Buyer declined your request to cancel the transaction. You will not receive a Final Value Fee credit.

this means we lose approx. $7.00 - $10.00 bec you declined to answer & let it expire beccause of your decision we lose $7 - 10.00
Now you are out and we are out $$$$$$$$$$ and if you don't believe us then ask ebay and they will inform you that your action caused
us to not recoup any fees.............. you basically took the wrong road and messed it up for both of us...nice going!

- artdecojewelers

Jen,

There's no need for this.

I asked, and gave you plenty of time to answer, regarding the condition - if it could be fixed, shipping fees, etc. I did use my common sense and contacted ebay. Ebay told me not to cancel the transaction unless I'd received my money, which I hadn't. I wrote to you 3 times before I turned down the notice to cancel the transaction.

Regards,
Addy

So lesson learned, don't shop with that seller! Anything else I can do? I'm not out a ton of money, but still out money. I really thought I'd be okay, she had a 99.8% and the beginning of the transaction was fine. http://stores.ebay.com/artdecojewelers

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have the correspondence email between you and them regarding refunding you in full plus both shipping?

The only thing I can think of is if you paid with your credit card via paypal and you disputed the item. Then the credit card company will have to take it with paypal.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it so difficult for people to type out full words and proper sentences? That alone drives me nuts. Sorry to hear that your experience did not go well :(

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a piece of work, my latest message from her:

"u dont need to ask ebay evry time you breathe we gave you a full refund as per our ad
ALL U HAD TO DO WAS CLICK A BUTTON so we can get a refund on our ebay fees & then we would re-coup fees
how hard was it to click a button so somebody can get a simple refund of fees - u didnt need to ask ebay
u see we are viable power sellers- we are out money too..."

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only bad jewelry but bad manners! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ugh, what a piece of work - guarantees that I won't be doing business with them! I had a dealer pull a similarly outraged act on me when the piece I ordered never arrived, and I politely requested a refund. According to his logic, since he'd set the bid low AND it had gotten lost in the mail, he was now out a ton of money, and shouldn't have to refund me shipping. The fact that, a) he should have set a reserve! and, b) I'd paid him a ton in shipping to cover insurance just ... didn't seem to register. Happily, eBay saw it my way in the dispute - and, WOW, the howls of outrage could be heard across the ocean. The funny thing is, eBay then screwed up and refunded me TWICE.

I returned the money that was sent in error, because I am a decent human being, but I will admit, I laughed. Karma: it's real.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry this happened to you Addy, but thanks for sharing your story. It is always good to know who to stay away from!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, her responses are so rude!

Thanks for posting. I'll add that company to my list of ebay vendors that I won't use.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a horrible way for a vendor to act. Thanks for letting us know-will not be shopping there! And for what it's worth, I would have done the exact same thing as you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1315942921|3016722 said:
Why is it so difficult for people to type out full words and proper sentences? That alone drives me nuts. Sorry to hear that your experience did not go well :(

That bugged me too. It's not very professional and I'd be annoyed too. I hope you get this resolved soon, Addy.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I've sold on ebay for years and never knew you could cancel a transaction, that's weird!

I think they were rude and illiterate, but I think it's only $10 to you and 10% of the total sale price to them. If it's a lot, I think I would just go ahead and cancel the transaction, since they did refund your money. Then I would leave neutral feedback saying they refunded but didn't pay return shipping. Vendors are just people too and I'd file the $10 tab under "lesson learned". It'll build up your Karma points.

I didn't read too closely, and probably got the specifics wrong . . .

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was shipping to me, both ways. I never disclosed the amount of the shipping.

To them it would have been ebay fees, approx 10% of the purchase price if I'm correct. If so, yes, the seller is out roughly $10.

I already turned down the request to cancel, as I told her I would a week before hand. She never responded to my 4 attempts to contact her during that week. I have no problem with her being human, we all are. I have a problem with her unprofessional behaviour and being upset at me for something which she caused to happen. I did exactly as I said I would do, she didn't. Nor did she reply to me to attempt to come up with a solution.

Yep, we're both out money. I'm not entirely sure I learned a lesson. She had good feedback and was initially reasonable. I only learned not to purchase from her again. I'm fairly sure she didn't learn a lesson either. She's still blaming me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how unprofessional. I will definitely not be buying from her-thank you for sharing. I hope she'll do the right thing and refund your money.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Addy said:
It was shipping to me, both ways. I never disclosed the amount of the shipping.

To them it would have been ebay fees, approx 10% of the purchase price if I'm correct. If so, yes, the seller is out roughly $10.

I already turned down the request to cancel, as I told her I would a week before hand. She never responded to my 4 attempts to contact her during that week. I have no problem with her being human, we all are. I have a problem with her unprofessional behaviour and being upset at me for something which she caused to happen. I did exactly as I said I would do, she didn't. Nor did she reply to me to attempt to come up with a solution.

Yep, we're both out money. I'm not entirely sure I learned a lesson. She had good feedback and was initially reasonable. I only learned not to purchase from her again. I'm fairly sure she didn't learn a lesson either. She's still blaming me.

$10?!! She's being THAT RUDE for $10?! :( That's ridiculous. I thought she was out $500 or something like that.

You're totally in the right here and I thank you for warning us about this person.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, there's no reason to be that rude over $10.
Thanks for letting us know who to stay away from.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really turned off by how the seller handled herself in the email correspondence. Very unprofessional.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I will be staying away from this seller.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Wow - thanks for letting us know about this!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a LOSER she is!!!!! So sorry Addy! I won't be buying from her...no worries!!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, not only is the seller rude and unprofessional, they come off as if they have no higher than middle school education! ...and what a bully!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results