shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay issue/question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy. I listed my first item for sale ever on ebay last week and my auction ended with only one bid that was placed 15 minutes before it ended yesterday. The bidder message''d me with one question, and it reads exactly like this:

" Hello i won your item on ebay and im committed to buy it,just want to know the present condition of the item so i can make a payment for it.
Thanks"

Due to the lack of specific information and also the fact that I clearly specified the condition of the item within the listing, I''m starting to think this is not a legitimate bid. The bidder also has 0% feedback. What should I do? Assume it is legitimate and await bidder''s response to my (and ebay''s) sending of the invoice?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heather, I''d respond and reiterate the information in your post. If the person want''s more info or wants to make a deal outside of paypal then they''ll respond with the request and you can proceed from there.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, I did respond, I just stated the condition of the item again and left it at that. Haven''t heard back from the bidder since. (That was last night, 5 pm EST.)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you state a deadline for payments (i.e., within 3 days)? If so, I''d wait to see if they post a payment or respond. If not, cancel the deal for lack of payment and move on.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.gif
I just checked my ebay account. It says this user is no longer registered on ebay. What a load of horse manure.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks. What a pain. I''ve sold stuff on eBay and just for future reference, I always say that person must make payment within 3 days and that I also have the right to cancel any bids made by individuals with 0 feedback.

I have had problems, but mostly just people taking forever to pay.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 4:36:30 PM
Author: MC
That sucks. What a pain. I''ve sold stuff on eBay and just for future reference, I always say that person must make payment within 3 days and that I also have the right to cancel any bids made by individuals with 0 feedback.

I have had problems, but mostly just people taking forever to pay.
That is helpful, MC. I will keep your advice in mind in the future.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH! That stinks Monarch, sorry to hear about the deadbeat bidder.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks HH. So what now? Can I just re-list my item and start over? I can''t leave feedback for him b/c he''s no longer registered...gah!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep! Relist I''d put a reserve if you didn''t last time. You don''t want it getting away for $20!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was likely a spammer/scammer anyways, so you lucked out. Ebay probably found him out and banned his account. Re-list the item and add the clauses mentioned above to save your ass if a similar situation arises again. Good luck!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww monarch, sorry about the bidder. Please also go to your account and up at the top there is a HELP menu, type in 'REQUEST FINAL VALUE FEE credit" and following the instruction on how to receive this fee credit as any listing that has sold even if they never paid you, you will be charged a FINAL VALUE FEE or (FVF) it does take a while, you will see it on your account just so you don't get charged for scammers/spammers wasting your time and marketing, you also have to ask for an insertion fee credit (so you don't pay the additional relisting fee) usually most items that DON'T receive a bid can relist IF it sells the second time around for an insertion fee credit. Hope that helps.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 5:04:44 PM
Author: D&T
Aww monarch, sorry about the bidder. Please also go to your account and up at the top there is a HELP menu, type in ''REQUEST FINAL VALUE FEE credit'' and following the instruction on how to receive this fee as any listing that has sold even if they never paid you, you will be charged a FINAL VALUE FEE or (FVF) it does take a while, you will see it on your account just so you don''t get charged for scammers/spammers wasting your time and marketing, you also have to ask for an insertion fee credit (so you don''t pay the additional relisting fee) usually most items that DON''T receive a bid can relist IF it sells the second time around for an insertion fee credit. Hope that helps.
I was just going to say all of this. I listed an item once and it didn''t sell and I still got stuck with the fees. Since you want to relist I would ask for a credit for sure!

Sorry to hear about this potential scammer. I hope that he doesn''t harrass others!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kama, D&T, and Clairetek: thanks so much! I got the credit and re-listed my item and followed the advice about specifying my terms. Better luck this time, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results