shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay find: could this be a good deal?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the cost to laser the 2 halves of the donut/shank back together? It is so thin that I suspect it will have to be rebuilt. It looks like it is cracked at the moment?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could find a cheap ring that wouldn't need repairs.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The repairs on that are likely to cost significantly more than the ring if the plan is to use it as a daily wear item. Is your plan to do these repairs yourself or are you hoping to hire a jeweler to do it and end up with a discount deal? If it's the former, and you know what you're doing, have at it. If it's the later, I would suggest a different path. This is not an easy item to put back together into wearable or even what I would count as saleable condition.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd guess that the Mom and Pop jeweler in my parents town, where I get a lot of my repairs done, would charge $120 or more just to repair that bridge, and $80 or more to tip the prongs holding the center stone - and that's not work done to PS standards, by any means. (Those estimates are based on work done in the past two or three years). The last time I asked a local jeweler who does work to PS standards about re-shaning a ring, I was quoted $350.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1448298522|3953138 said:
I think you could find a cheap ring that wouldn't need repairs.

+ 1

I would check LT & DB periodically too. :wavey:

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd forget about that piece. The entire head for the center stone on both sides is so badly worn from the two rings rubbing together that it's fallen off. There is just not enough metal there to rebuild it and so a new head would be required for the center. In addition the rubbing of the bands together combined with the wear to the tops of the beads holding the melee in place are worn paper thin and it needs new bead tips AND sides. This is very hard to do properly and would cost as much as buying a new set of bands for those diamonds.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good tips, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results