shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay crazies ....tell me yours

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made an offer on a pretty vintage ring that I liked one night and was very pleased to see that the offer was accepted right before I went to bed. I was going to pay for it in the morning, but by the time I woke up the seller had canceled the transaction and relisted the ring at a higher price. They claimed that accepting the offer was a mistake, their wife had just had surgery and was under the influence of the medication. They said they were sorry, but they'd accept an offer $75 higher. No idea if the story was true or not, but they had 100% positive feedback, so I offered to meet them in the middle. I love the ring, but sometimes I wonder if I played the fool :lol-2:

You know back in the days I bought a lot of vintage mostly vachetta leather bags, and similar thing happened to me... only I offered a little more than their " auction price to be able to buy it now... then the seller accepted a lower offer:confused: a couple of different seller or just a penny more! But this was when Ebay had a very interesting offer platform, where you can make several offers on different things, and once the seller accept, you have to either accept or decline... so you aren't stuck with multiple same items I think this gave more buying power to the buyers, I don't know if they have this type of offer/accept/decline or accept function anymore, it was many years ago.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you got it back @D&T ! Bummer that you can not leave feedback without recourse.

Reactions: D&T

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man! I was worried for you for a bit! I don't have any terrible horror stories but one time on ebay I sold a very dainty but pretty aquamarine and 18K yellow gold band. It was marked 18K and it looked it. When the buyer received it they said by acid test that it was only 14K and wanted a discount. At that point the ring was not in my hands, could not confirm what they were saying so I gave them the discount. But now I'm thinking it was a scam : (

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy you got your lovely ring back. I don't think most people would know they could intercept the package and am glad you were able to do this. The "buyer" is probably fuming that their scam didn't work.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bid and won a lovely dress I wanted, paid promptly and waited for it to be delivered. It didn’t show up. I contacted the seller who told me it must’ve got lost in the post, and she’d refund my money, which she did.

Shortly after, the same dress from the same seller, showed up again. I waited to bid until the last minute, bid and won it. I immediately contacted the seller and said, “what’re the chances you had the same dress again, how lucky am I?” She replied that shortly after she’d refunded, the dress was returned to her :roll2: So I replied asking that she make sure she had correctly addressed it so it didn’t go ‘astray’ again.

The dress turned up, and was exactly what I wanted, and the good thing was that I actually got it for less than I’d paid for it the first time :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy hmm, yeah, its hard to tell if its authentic or not legitimate, I bought a ring, and took it for a resize, even though they could have done it, but I didn't know what finger I wanted to wear it on, then took it to my jeweler since I didn't want to ship it back and forth, however when my jeweler put it in his ultrasonic, about 4 stones came loose, it was a bit pricey to repair, as it was bezelled and intricate, anyways since I didn't have a picture of it all, I told the seller, I still gave them a positive review even though the diamonds all came loose upon cleaning and before repair. I'm sure they were thinking I'd wanted a discount or a scam. In hindsight I should have just taken them all from my jeweler the loose diamonds and ring and put them in a baggie and shipped it back to the seller but I really liked the designed and kept it for a short while.

@LisaRN Hey yeah, I didn't know about it either! until the Ebay Rep told me about it, and was super thankful for the slower shipping speed, in order for all this work out. Total postage lost $28 (shipping and intercept fee)

@Austina wahoo! so glad you got that dress and less to boot! yay! glad that it worked out how it did for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results