shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy, yummy punch recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
We are having a NYE party tomorrow and I thought a punch might be fun. Sort of a follow up post to Ellen''s appetizer thread...

I remember those sherbet punches we used to have at birthday parties as a kid, does anyone make an alcoholic version??

I''m also open to some other yummy fruity punch you all might be able to recommend! Thanks!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
7-up and lime sherbet, yummy! ops, not fruity but yummy for sure!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 12:45:46 AM
Author: Skippy123
7-up and lime sherbet, yummy! ops, not fruity but yummy for sure!
hahaha thanks skippy but i need some booze in there!!! i wonder how rum would be in there with the 7-up and lime sherbet...??

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if it''s your "thing," but the quasi-classic "Jungle Juice" variety is yummy and really easy to make. Something like Hawaiian Punch or some other red, sweet juice drink, mixed with sprite and rum or Everclear or something like that. I prefer rum, personally. It''s super college-style, but easy.
28.gif
Unfortunately I''m not sure on the proportions, so this might not be helpful at all. I think it would depend on how much alcohol you want, and how fizzy/lime-y you like it.

Also, I think rum would be yummy in the lime drink Skippy suggested. Or perhaps some flavorless alcohol like Everclear would work.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I made a Champagne Punch for Christmas Day.

An ice ring made from Ginger Ale - fruit added for color

Then:

1 can frozen Lemonade
1 can frozen Limeade
1 can frozen Cranberry/Raspberry

1 Liter Ginger Ale
1 bottle Champagne
(2 bottles might be better
2.gif
)

I think this right! I also threw in fresh strawberries and raspberries and served it in Waterford 12 Days of Christmas Flutes !

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Pop It In the Tropics

2 bottles champagne
Orange Juice
Peach Schnapps

Kinda like mimosas with a tropical twist....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not a punch person at all, but this stuff is awesome. (non alcoholic)

Golden Punch

1-12oz. can frozen lemonade

1-16 oz. can frozen OJ

2 c. sugar

4 quarts chilled gingerale

Mix all but soda, stir well til sugar dissolves. Just before serving, add soda, stir gently. And unless you have a mammoth bowl, break it up into halves.
28.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your post and had to give you this recipe for a fruity punch. I got this from my daughters church day care. They make it every year at the Christmas program and I swear people go just for the punch. I just made it for a Cookie party at my sister''s house and everyone loved it also.

St. James Punch
Qty Ingredient
3 pkgs Kool-Aid (Cherry, Lemonade, Punch)
2 cups Sugar
2 qts Water
46 .oz Pineapple Juice
28 .oz Ginger Ale

Combine Kool-Aide, sugar, and water. Freeze mixture, chop mixture until partially thawed. Add pineapple juice and Ginger Ale. Serves 35 (4 .oz each)

It is sooooooooo good

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Well, family and people at work say I am the queen of punch so here''s a favorite. This is similar to Ellen''s recipe and it is non-alcoholic but I am sure you could add something and make it a frozen banana daquiri. Whenever I have made it, people scrape the bowl to get the last drop.
5 bananas - puree in blender
12 oz. can of slightly thawed OJ (no pulp)
6 oz. can of slightly thawed lemonade
2 cups sugar
1 can pineapple juice (46 oz.
2 liter bottle of lemon lime soda or ginger ale - I prefer ginger ale
Add OJ and lemonade to bananas. Mix well. Add pineapple juice and sugar. Mix well. Place in one gallon container. I usually put it in heavy duty freezer bags since it is easier to thaw when needed but you can put it in a gallon container. Freeze. You partially freeze and use the same day. When ready to serve, partially thaw the base and pour the lemon lime or ginger ale over it and stir.

If you have a silver punch bowl, it makes for very good punch because it keeps it colder longer. I have a really good strawberry punch if anyone is interested.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 1:18:05 AM
Author: WishfulThinking
Not sure if it''s your ''thing,'' but the quasi-classic ''Jungle Juice'' variety is yummy and really easy to make. Something like Hawaiian Punch or some other red, sweet juice drink, mixed with sprite and rum or Everclear or something like that. I prefer rum, personally. It''s super college-style, but easy.
28.gif
Unfortunately I''m not sure on the proportions, so this might not be helpful at all. I think it would depend on how much alcohol you want, and how fizzy/lime-y you like it.

Also, I think rum would be yummy in the lime drink Skippy suggested. Or perhaps some flavorless alcohol like Everclear would work.

hahaha jungle juice....in ohio we called it Hairy Buffalo...no idea how some drunk college student came up with that name!!

I''m a little worried about BRIGHT RED juice on our nice tan sofa though...

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
hmm i should have emphasized the alocholic qualification for the punch, ahahha

bebe and alexis, those both sound yummy...was trying to stay away from more champagne though since we''ll be drinking that at midnight...but it might actually be better since sticking to the same kind of booze during the night usually feels much better the next morning than mixing them!sch

ellen - that sounds yummy...what kind of alcohol do you think i could add? vodka maybe? ohh maybe some peach schnapps too, that could be tasty...

autumngems and secondhandnews - thank you for your recipes, the banana one does sound delicious!! if i run out right now and get everything i should have time to mix it up and freeze it before everyone gets here....this canadian cold is good for one thing, we now have unlimited freezer space since our backyard is one giant freezer!

today is MIL''s birthday so we have a lunch at 1:30 then cake afterward at SIL''s house, then guests coming over at 6:30ish!!! ugh it''s going to be a stressful day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a variation on the good ole screw driver, vodka and oj and mix in punch?

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 11:50:40 AM
Author: karasue91
Date: 12/31/2008 1:18:05 AM

Author: WishfulThinking

Not sure if it''s your ''thing,'' but the quasi-classic ''Jungle Juice'' variety is yummy and really easy to make. Something like Hawaiian Punch or some other red, sweet juice drink, mixed with sprite and rum or Everclear or something like that. I prefer rum, personally. It''s super college-style, but easy.
28.gif

hahaha jungle juice....in ohio we called it Hairy Buffalo...no idea how some drunk college student came up with that name!!

I''m a little worried about BRIGHT RED juice on our nice tan sofa though...
Hm... tan, huh? Not exactly optimal, especially considering it''s spiked punch. Too much room for error!
28.gif

Have a wonderful night!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 12:01:40 PM
Author: karasue91

ellen - that sounds yummy...what kind of alcohol do you think i could add? vodka maybe? ohh maybe some peach schnapps too, that could be tasty...
I'd do a really good vodka.
18.gif
(the taste of this normally is so good, I'm affraid the peach might mess it up) I realize I'm prolly too late here, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results