shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings studs with diamonds, quality stones

Lucia88

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon. I ask for advice on the quality of the stones in the earrings, there is a report from Gia. The cost is $ 5,000. Is it worth buying them? Thank you! Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 10-46-23 GIA - Report Check.png Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 10-46-42 GIA - Report Check.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say no, based on the proportions on the certificates, I would not buy them.
Is there a reason for such high color and clarity?
There are many White Flash ACA pairs that are less than $5000 in the F color and Vs1 or VS2 clarity. With setting, they should come in at the same price point and you would know you are getting super ideal diamonds with the WF great upgrade policy.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A) The cut grades of these diamonds is only very good, which is not good at all. And symmetry grades are only good. While some will say that when it comes to earrings and necklaces you can get away with GIA’s VG cut grade, those stones need to be evaluated and I don’t believe either of the ones being offered to you would be considered acceptable.
B) The stones being offered aren’t even a good match. The first one measures 5.09mm and the second one measures 5.29mm. That’s not even getting into the differences in proportions.
C) The price is very high. Approx. .55ct GIA ExExEx (meaning graded excellent in cut, polish and symmetry) with ideal depth and table size in the D-F color range (assuming you “must” go that high in color, as most people won’t see tint in the G-H range, even I or lower at this carat weight) can be had for about $1750 each, plus the setting (assuming simple prong setting in 14k gold, the cost should be less $500. So for about $1,000 less, you can get much better qual diamond.

Lucia88

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much!=) 2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones you posted are not well cut and they certainly don't match well.

To learn more about what makes a well-cut stone...read this

The easiest way to pick two good stones is to go with Super Ideals because we already know they are well-cut. Just need
to pick two that are relatively close in diameter.

Here is an example of two nice ones $4256 + settings. (there are lots of other choices)

Settings

Lucia88

Rough_Rock
The stones you posted are not well cut and they certainly don't match well.

To learn more about what makes a well-cut stone...read this

The easiest way to pick two good stones is to go with Super Ideals because we already know they are well-cut. Just need
to pick two that are relatively close in diameter.

Here is an example of two nice ones $4256 + settings. (there are lots of other choices)

Settings

Thanks for the information! I am very thankful!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
As we have learned through pricescope CUT is king. You can compromise on the color and clarity. Make sure that the stone is excellent cut. The. HCA tool above will help you eliminate the stones that aren't cut well

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results