shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings again, WF ACA vs AGS000

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Ditto @MissGotRocks !!

Sometimes I have to go thru the process to know that my gut instincts should have been followed in the first place.... but... always wondered- what if I didn’t even try....

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy for you @Titan7.

As @MissGotRocks mentioned, I also had the feeling that would be where you landed. I personally think it's the right choice because that was how I was leaning (in pretend land, where I actually had a vote, lol).

I've never once regretted buying exactly what I wanted and thought was superior.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I folded, I just picked up the other WF ACA F-VS 2.

My OCD got the best of me. The ACA diamonds are nearly identical.

.585ct 5.40x5.37x3.31mm
F color
clarity VS1, VS2
table- 56% and 56.1%
CA- 34.6%
PA-40.7%
LGF-77%
Star-50%, 51%
Crown,15.1%,15.3%
Depth- 61.6%, 61.4%

I think we will put the AGS 0 back in a Tacori halo setting pendant, and matching Tacori halo studs for the WF ACAs. This will give us several options. I could always decide to use the AGS0 in the earrings and upgrade the other ACA for a larger pendant diamond. Many options this way. Anyhow just closing the loop, I will post photos of the earring once we make the decision, most likely won't be done for a couple months since the production time on the mounts is 3 wks and we still want to think about this.
#husbandoftheyear

Seriously though, this is exactly what I would have done. Good job:appl:

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. Yeah, I kind of knew it too. I would have kicked myself for missing out on this near twin ACA. I pretty much know I will go with the ACA diamonds for the earrings. I will wait until next year to figure out what to do with the AGS 0. Perhaps consign it at my local jeweler an get a 1-1.25ct WF ACA pendent for our 25th next September.

I just have to go easy, as now I will want to change her 2.078 GVS2 ACA to an F color

Either that or get another GVS2 for the pendant 1.1.25ct

Ouch, the one color grade change in the same size and clarity will cost about $9-10k. F VS1 used to be my go to color and clarity until I flew out to Whiteflash in 2017 from CA, to see the ACAs with my own eyes. To be honest I could not really see the color difference between F-G, I was fooled several time on blind switching, I mean I was there for 3 hours critically evaluating diamonds. Side by side, in perfect conditions it was a bit ridiculous, it’s the mind game. Sure there is the slightest difference, at the right angle, upside down, side by side, after critical review for several minutes, but really? Her VS2 was actually about the same as several VS1 stones, location of the crystal under the table made it a VS2, same size as the VS1 I looked at, plus it had the right specs for my taste. I only went with F color on the .585ct diamonds as it was peanuts difference from a G, $60.00, no brainer.

Must control OCD, must control OCD... lol

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wife couldn't tell the difference! She guessed right 50% of the time, which is chance when given two options. So you spent a fair bit of money to quell your anxiety. That's a pretty risky/costly way to self-sooth in the long run.

But look, I'm not trying to start anything here. You don't have to defend your choice to me! Anxiety is a beast. But if some part of you needs the opposing view point, here it is.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks, cheaper than therapy, plus I knew I was going this way, was only fooling myself.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
update, got the 2nd WF matching ACA in, wow, again! This diamond is identical to the first one the fire and brilliance is identical after a few hours of looking at both in all sorts of different lighting I can‘t see ANY difference between them, well, sort of figured this would be the case. Very happy I picked up the other matching ACA and so is my wife. She is deciding on the halo setting earrings once finished I will post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results