shape
carat
color
clarity

Early Voting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. And today is the first day of Early Voting! There were soooo many people!!! DH and I waited a good half an hour to vote! When we got out, the line was out the door! I think this election will have one of the highest turnouts of all time. We had paper ballots that were printed out right in front of us. And we had to mark in our selections with a black ink pen, similar to the lottery. So now, I just sit back and watch the madness continue. Good luck to whoever wins. OH, by the way GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it''s just the New York city cynic in me, but I''m a little apprehensive about early voting. I just worry that my vote wouldn''t count. I know it doesn''t make sense really, but still that''s why I wouldn''t do early voting. I don''t know if you can in NY. Anyone else vote early? Anyone else feel like me, kinda wary of it? Or are you all for it?

E B

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have filled out our ballots and I'm taking them to an Obama campaign office near our house. They hand deliver the ballots to the next point, so I feel safest doing it this way.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know, but maybe because it is Florida, they want to make sure all the old people have the opportunity to vote, and vote the way they want, so they don''t have a mess like they did before, because of the ballots.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2008 3:12:57 PM
Author:starsapphire
I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. And today is the first day of Early Voting! There were soooo many people!!! DH and I waited a good half an hour to vote! When we got out, the line was out the door! I think this election will have one of the highest turnouts of all time. We had paper ballots that were printed out right in front of us. And we had to mark in our selections with a black ink pen, similar to the lottery. So now, I just sit back and watch the madness continue. Good luck to whoever wins. OH, by the way GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Star, I have to say: GO BUCS!!! My Dad and Stepmom live in Fort Myers, so we''re Buccaneers fans.
2.gif

I don''t think I''d be too worried about whether or not my early vote would count. If we were able to do early voting, I think I would. But I don''t think we''re allowed to do that in our area (southcentral Pennsylvania). It would be nice, though!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted yesterday via absentee vote.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 3:41:14 PM
Author: EBree
My husband and I have filled out our ballots and I''m taking them to an Obama campaign office near our house. They hand deliver the ballots to the next point, so I feel safest doing it this way.

Good idea, that would make me feel safe about my vote!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Well where I live in NYC, there is never a line to vote ever. I''m usually the only one there and when I come in, the workers look astonished to actually see someone coming in to vote.

But, I''m sure that will be different this year. Any idea how to check early voting status of states?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2008 3:48:48 PM
Author: goobear78
Well where I live in NYC, there is never a line to vote ever. I''m usually the only one there and when I come in, the workers look astonished to actually see someone coming in to vote.

But, I''m sure that will be different this year. Any idea how to check early voting status of states?
Goo, that is so sad.
7.gif

Hopefully you''re right, and your polling place will be more crowded this year!

And good question about how to check early voting status of states. If anyone knows, I''d love to hear the answer. I don''t think we can do early voting here in PA, but I''m not 100% sure. If we can, I''d love to do it!
21.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to vote after work! I''m sure it''ll be really crowded, but I just can''t wait anymore, haha.

This is my first election where I actually get to go to the polls. I had to vote absentee last election and it wasn''t nearly this exciting.

(I think maybe I''m a little bit of a dork for being this excited. But oh well!)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really great that so many states are now allowing early/absentee voting without having to provide a reason. It gives those people who have inflexible jobs, childcare problems, whatever the chance to vote without stressing out about it having to be on one day.

I''m waiting for my absentee ballot myself, I''m on bedrest (pregnant with twins) so it''ll be so much easier than trying to stand around at my polling place on the 4th and breaking my bedrest orders in the process! My polling place is always packed, so I am sure it''ll be even more of a nightmare this election.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 3:46:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I voted yesterday via absentee vote.
Same!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Threadjack *Neatfreak - Twins? Congrats!! When are you due? *End of Threadjack
31.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so sick of it all that while we don''t have early voting, we do have absentee ballots: and i filled mine out this afternoon to turn in at the election office tomorrow.

movie zombie

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all - a reminder when you vote, do not wear any political tee-shirts, buttons or any other political accessory. In some states it is illegal, such as New Mexico, where a woman was turned away from voting because she had a Obama tee-shirt on. She was later allowed to vote once she turned her tee-shirt inside out. This goes for both McCain and Obama supporters so be aware!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results