shape
carat
color
clarity

Ear Piercing for Lily-uneven holes- What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 3:33:51 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 11/21/2006 2:13:55 PM

Author: mrssalvo

I did read once that our earlobes never stop growing which is why the lobes seem to get larger as we get older, you really notice it in the elderly...
Oh goody, something to look forward to...

Your nose never stops growing too.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
How far from the other is it off? What I mean is, I would probably let one grow back up and repierce--which could be done pretty soon if it doesn''t sit right next to where it was. I had one of mine professionally closed by a plastic surgeon at the beginning of the summer, and it was no picnic (I had it 20 yrs). So, please do not wait any longer to let at least one close up on its own, if it can. Just my 2 cents.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 6:37:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 11/21/2006 3:33:51 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/21/2006 2:13:55 PM

I did read once that our earlobes never stop growing which is why the lobes seem to get larger as we get older, you really notice it in the elderly...
Oh goody, something to look forward to...

Your nose never stops growing too.
Sweet, thanks Tacori.

39.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol to the nose and earlobes growing! Gosh, we should really look good in another 20 years Ellen!

MrsS, I am just now finding this, but it is really a coincidence. My 11 year old got her ears pierced a few months ago, and one of hers is lower as well. It has bothered me from the start. She was resistant about getting it repierced because she thought it hurt. Now after reading all this, perhaps I should make her get it fixed now. I wonder if her holes will grow back if it has been several months? Does anyone know? As long as you are piercing a different spot, could you just go ahead and make the new hole before the old one is completely closed up? Surely so since people add new ear holes all the time.

I agree with keeping Lily''s good hole and getting the other one redone. If you let them both close up, I''d be afraid to repierce the good one on top of the healed area.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS- the gal at claire''s told me they can pierce the new hole anytime as long as it''s not right next to the old one. so if your daughter''s is low and the new hole needs to be a bit higher but not touching the old one, i''m sure they can go ahead and re-pierce and the other hole would continue to close. Believe it or not, Lily''s hole has closed up and you can hardly tell where it was. Yay for neosporin and fast healing kids. I''m not going to even bring up re-piercing hers for a while and I will measure and dot the spot myself next time. I did decide to leave in the good one, makes no sense to have to put her though that again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:06:32 PM
DS- the gal at claire''s told me they can pierce the new hole anytime as long as it''s not right next to the old one. so if your daughter''s is low and the new hole needs to be a bit higher but not touching the old one, i''m sure they can go ahead and re-pierce and the other hole would continue to close. Believe it or not, Lily''s hole has closed up and you can hardly tell where it was. Yay for neosporin and fast healing kids. I''m not going to even bring up re-piercing hers for a while and I will measure and dot the spot myself next time. I did decide to leave in the good one, makes no sense to have to put her though that again.
Great decision.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, good decision! And maybe I can go ahead and get my child''s re-pierced.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
TAKE IT OUT, TAKE IT OUT, TAKE IT OUT! Mine are uneven and it bugs the heck out of me!! They have been pierced for 30 years so its too late now. But I go through periods of wearing earrings and then not wearing any for years because it bugs me.

I wish my mom had noticed they were uneven when I was 7 so let them close up then.

I also did the multiple hole thing in college and regret that but they won't close up either.

At her age, she is soooo young they will heal fast. I would take both out since it will look funny with just one and make sure to put some sort of anti bacterial or anti scar cream on both ears while they heal so there wont be a scar or mark. I bet in a month you will never know they were pierced. Kids heal so fast.

Besides, earrings so young can just be a total headache as you have learned.

Edited to add, I just read through and realized how late I was too the thread. I wanted to tell you great decision! She will thank you for it when she is older. My 7 year old told me she never wants her ears pierced and I think thats just great. But I made her promise if she ever changed her mind to make sure she takes me with her so I can obsessivly check her ears to make sure they are even before they pierce them. LOL And of course if they are not totally even encourage her to take those earrings out and let them heal.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry Ellen. It sucks, I know!

MrsS, I think you made the right choice. I am sure she will thank you for it one day!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks again gals for all your input. I took it out last week and you can hardly even see where the low hole was. I did see a picture I took last week and it was so obvious the hole was low and it confirmed I made the right decision. I did leave the good one in, she looks silly but I just didn''t want to mess with or risk that one being re-pierced off.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 6:01:12 PM
Author: asscherisme
TAKE IT OUT, TAKE IT OUT, TAKE IT OUT! Mine are uneven and it bugs the heck out of me!! They have been pierced for 30 years so its too late now. But I go through periods of wearing earrings and then not wearing any for years because it bugs me.

I wish my mom had noticed they were uneven when I was 7 so let them close up then.

I also did the multiple hole thing in college and regret that but they won''t close up either.

At her age, she is soooo young they will heal fast. I would take both out since it will look funny with just one and make sure to put some sort of anti bacterial or anti scar cream on both ears while they heal so there wont be a scar or mark. I bet in a month you will never know they were pierced. Kids heal so fast.

Besides, earrings so young can just be a total headache as you have learned.

Edited to add, I just read through and realized how late I was too the thread. I wanted to tell you great decision! She will thank you for it when she is older. My 7 year old told me she never wants her ears pierced and I think thats just great. But I made her promise if she ever changed her mind to make sure she takes me with her so I can obsessivly check her ears to make sure they are even before they pierce them. LOL And of course if they are not totally even encourage her to take those earrings out and let them heal.
Hey Asherisme! I have to tell you about my weekend. My daughter, 18, has been begging me for 2nd holes. Well, I held off forever allowing her--having gone through the uneven hole thing myself and I had this dream of her having the classic single set....well, I went with her and they marked and wiped off and remarked THREE TIMES per my request so that they would be PERFECTLY spaced from her first holes. They were very nice about it and I believe they look pretty nice on her. I guess I''m glad she at least did it with me as it was probably inevitable. I still haven''t returned to the surgeon to investigate closing other holes...I''m not sure I want to endure that again. I agree, they heal so well when we are young!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:01:57 PM
thanks again gals for all your input. I took it out last week and you can hardly even see where the low hole was. I did see a picture I took last week and it was so obvious the hole was low and it confirmed I made the right decision. I did leave the good one in, she looks silly but I just didn''t want to mess with or risk that one being re-pierced off.
Yay! I''m so glad you did this.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Justjulia!!! Good to "see you" I have not seen you around much and I have been too busy to post much myself.

I have already made my daughter promise me to never do the multiple peircing thing since I hate mine so much. And when I forget, she sometimes looks at my ears since she loves my diamond studs and then tells me how ugly my extra holes look - thanks sweetie LOL.

But 7 and 18, a lot can change! How ironic that your daughter wanted extra holes and you got plastic surgery to get rid of them. What does your husband think of her extra holes?

And LOL about your description of piercing. I have 2 daughters, and I would be exactly the same way if they ever get theirs pierced which I''m sure is just a matter of time.

From this thread it sure looks like uneven peircing is a very common problem.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:09:39 AM
Author: belle
leave it to me to be the dissenter
37.gif
but i would just leave them. young ears are small and the slightest difference might look ''off'' because there isn''t a whole lotta lobe but it will become much less noticable over time. besides, you still have the chance of it not being perfectly centered again with the next piercing. how many times do you want to have it redone before you are satisfied with the placement? i just wouldn''t risk it.
or it could grow to become more and MORE of a problem!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 10:20:05 AM
ok, i actually measured to make sure i''m not crazy. the left ear hole is almost a half a centemeter lower than the right. pretty big difference on a tiny lobe right?
it could get worse - mine were perfectly centered/straight when I had mine done at 10 and they aren''t now.... I had my daughters done when she was 4 mos old and have never had one problem with them. I''ve heard 8 and 8 before... if you don''t get them done by te time they''re 8 mos old then you should wait until they''re 8 years old though I think waiting until 10 or 12 is better. My daughter tells me all the time how glad she is that I got them done before she could remember LOL Knowing her she wouldn''t have the guts to do it now haha and at the time she was asleep and didn''t even wake up when they were done!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh good - I know I found this late lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results