carat
color
clarity

E-W .82 Marquise with Greenlake Jewelry Works custom setting

MAchick

Rough_Rock
My new ring

Marquise set East-West in custom setting by Greenlake Jewelry Works

Diamond (inherited - appraised by Metro Jewelry Appraisers)
.82ct (10.06x5.16x2.71)
Girdle...medium, faceted
Cutlet...small
Fluor...none
Length to Width ratio: 1.95 to 1.00
Clarity VS1
Color F

MAchickfront3.jpg

MAchickfront2.jpg

MAchickfront4.jpg

MAchickside1.jpg

MAchickfinger2.jpg

MAchickfinger1.jpg

More Pictures here!

Greenlake review coming soon!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It bears repeating - first - that is a VERY good looking stone - you are lucky to have inherited such a gorgeous rock. Truly a great marquise to my eye. Second, that is a STUNNING setting - love the engraving work, the surprise stones...everything!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2006 11:28:32 AM
Author: FireGoddess
It bears repeating - first - that is a VERY good looking stone - you are lucky to have inherited such a gorgeous rock. Truly a great marquise to my eye. Second, that is a STUNNING setting - love the engraving work, the surprise stones...everything!!
DITTO!
1.gif
And I love how the stone is set *into* the ring. Makes for a very cool profile and a neat banded look!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! IT is beautiful!!!! MORE PICS!! *DROOL*

Congrats!! Wow! Classy and different! Love it!

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Thank you Firegoddess...my grandmother couldn''t give me any specs when she gave it to me, and while I loved it and there was no question about using it I was nervous about getting it appraised.

I had had a bad experiance a couple of years ago when I lost one of a pair of white sapphire earrings that I loved and had a lot of sentimental value. They were the first "real jewelry" I had ever bought myself and my best friend had worn them as her something-borrowed for her wedding, and just a million other experiances. I was so mad at myself for losing one of them. Anyway, I took the other one into a popular Boston area jewelers to have it reset into a pendant so I could at least still wear the one. And they were so rude about it! I know that white sapphires aren''t expensive, but they were just like "why bother with this piece of glass?" Anyway looking back I should have just left, but I let them do the work (they did do a good job to give them some credit).

So, anyway, I felt really nervous going to Jeff Averbrook (Modified Brillant on this forum) to get this diamond that I loved appraised in case it wasn''t as nice as I thought. But Jeff couldn''t have been more complimentary about it. He also explained everything to me and showed me how to grade color. Really interesting.
1.gif

And (just to get them back) I spent forever in that other store while looking at rings to get a feel for what setting I''d like - I felt they owed me.
11.gif
We actually found one that we really liked and almost got (which would have ruined the revenge point I guess), but one of the major points against it vs the custom one was that I really felt that it would be marred by the bad feelings I have for that store.

(wow, sorry this got so long!)

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I absolutely love that setting, all the little details make it so unique and beautiful. Congrats!

Sorry about the bad experience with your sapphire re-set. Some jewelers can be so daft.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous. I have never really been a fan of the cut, but WOW, it is so unique and really really pretty! Congrats.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s the most beautiful marquise ring I''ve ever seen!!
30.gif
It''s gorgeous!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that ring is so pretty and different from anything else you see with marquis! Great stone that is a special treasure and the setting you chose is just devine!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really perfect. I love the setting. They did a GREAT job. What kind of wedding band are you going to get?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It is very pretty! andd sooooo unique!

Congratulations

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!! I am a secret fan of E/W set marquis and I just love that setting, how the side view looks like it was scooped out just to fit the stone, so pretty. And that looks like a really stunning marquis!! I have been tempted to do something similar with a RHR kind of thing, but don''t know if I would wear it, but that''s just divine. I love it. Congrats!

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 1:07:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It is really perfect. I love the setting. They did a GREAT job. What kind of wedding band are you going to get?

I actually think I may get an eternity bad and wear my e-ring on my right hand. I would hate to block all the engraving. Alex at Bostonian Jewelers (they set my diamond into the ring - so nice, she raved about my ring and diamond) showed me a couple of different band styles. She thinks I may eventually get over my feeling that my fingers are too squatty to wear two bands together so I should get something that still looks good withmy e-ring.

I saw a beautiful pendant at Lux Bond and Green that had a line of sapphires starting very dark blue and ending white. I was thinking about doing that continuously from dark to light and meeting back around dark in a eternity band. It would be sort of fun because as it spun around my finger, I''d have a whole new look!

What do you think?

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that pendant sounds fabulous! I love that idea and would love to see a photo of it!

And I''ll join the resounding chorus of ''I love your ring!'' Its gorgeous, and I cant wait to see more photos of it! Congrats!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is one absolutely beautiful stone and the setting is wonderful.

May be my favorite Marquis setting that I''ve EVER seen.

Just lovely!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Great job with the setting - it''s so elegant! Enjoy!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it''s just gorgeous! It looks so delicate and beautiful. Great job!! Congratulations!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone & lovely setting! I love the E-W orientation, the profile & the engraving. Wonderful choice!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful.
21.gif
Love the combination of modern and vintage elements. The setting is so unique, it makes me want one! That marquise looks gorgeous as well.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/19/2006 11:49:38 AM
Author: MAchick
Thank you Firegoddess...my grandmother couldn''t give me any specs when she gave it to me, and while I loved it and there was no question about using it I was nervous about getting it appraised.

I had had a bad experiance a couple of years ago when I lost one of a pair of white sapphire earrings that I loved and had a lot of sentimental value. They were the first ''real jewelry'' I had ever bought myself and my best friend had worn them as her something-borrowed for her wedding, and just a million other experiances. I was so mad at myself for losing one of them. Anyway, I took the other one into a popular Boston area jewelers to have it reset into a pendant so I could at least still wear the one. And they were so rude about it! I know that white sapphires aren''t expensive, but they were just like ''why bother with this piece of glass?'' Anyway looking back I should have just left, but I let them do the work (they did do a good job to give them some credit).

So, anyway, I felt really nervous going to Jeff Averbrook (Modified Brillant on this forum) to get this diamond that I loved appraised in case it wasn''t as nice as I thought. But Jeff couldn''t have been more complimentary about it. He also explained everything to me and showed me how to grade color. Really interesting.
1.gif

And (just to get them back) I spent forever in that other store while looking at rings to get a feel for what setting I''d like - I felt they owed me.
11.gif
We actually found one that we really liked and almost got (which would have ruined the revenge point I guess), but one of the major points against it vs the custom one was that I really felt that it would be marred by the bad feelings I have for that store.

(wow, sorry this got so long!)
Hi MAChick,

Your ring looks outstanding! Thank you also for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you.
1.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m a bit late, but it is gorgeous!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I too like the profile shot of this ring!! It''s gorgegous!!!!!!!!
30.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s very tastefully done and absolutely gorgeous!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh my GOSH! I MISSED THIS POST! At first I was trying to figure out how I missed it, then realized I was finishing up my MA at Columbia and moving out of Manhattan...so I was very busy!

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE THE E-W MARQUISE! My Mother has a marquise and was thinking of having it re-set. I LOVE THIS! JUST BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm, yes! How''d I miss this?? That''s an AMAZINGLY well cut diamond!! I like the little blue accent stones!!
36.gif
36.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Yum! Your ring turned out great; I love the E-W setting for the marquise!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh how cool! What a unique and beautiful setting! What wedding band would you pair up with it?

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL. What city is the store in that you got this work done, love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results