shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cccheel

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I have been lurking and reading quite a bit on here for a while. I will be popping the big question soon and have a few questions I was hoping you all could help me with.

I will be buying my stone from a dealer I know who I know will give me a good deal. I''m looking at something right around .90, round cut.

As for the setting, my gf and I went to a B&M store to look at settings and she really liked a Tacori setting. I''m pretty sure this is it:

http://www.tacori.com/TACORI-SRCH/ENGAGEMENT/2584RD65-A-4-1-5-/

I''ve read a lot on here about tacori settings, and I know some people think they are overpriced, but much to my surprise (and relief!), the one she loves (and she does love it) is about the least expensive one Tacori makes ($1070 for white gold). I''ve found it at a few reputable online venders (GOG, SolomonBrothers). Any experience anyone has with tacori settings with online vendors is appreciated. *She really, really liked the setting, so I do not want to go with any replicas...

My questions are as follows:

1.) It seems like Tacori settings are the same price no matter where you get them from. I guess the one difference is that buying online can save you tax. However, FL state sales tax on $1070 is only about $64.xx, so it''s not really that big a deal to me. What are the pro''s and con''s of each?

2.) Assuming I get my stone from my dealer, what''s the best way to get it set? If I buy from a B&M store (just eat the tax), will it cost me extra to have the store set it, or is that built into the price at the B&M store? Do I have to send my stone to tacori to have it set? Also, if I ever have any problems, wouldn''t it be better to get it from a B&M store?

3.) Finally, I would like to propose by mid-April. It looks like Tacori e-rings can take 8 weeks if you send your stone to them. Any thoughts on the fastest way to have this done?

Thanks in advance.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Check with your Tacori dealer but I think they are supposed to send the stone to Tacori where Tacori sets it in the setting of your choice.

ejv207

Rough_Rock
I had similar questions when I decided to unlurk.

Tacori''s pricing is set by them and usually not discounted, unless a vendor is trying to close out the line/ get rid of excess inventory, etc. This is rare, but I did see some discounted on one site (ones already in stock). I was going to order out of state to save on tax, but the process is the vendor takes the stone and sends it to Tacori who then custom makes the ring around the center stone.

I''m pretty sure you could buy a semi-mount, but if Tacori does not set the stone, they won''t cover it under their warranty, in case some of the pave or the center stone become loosened or lost.

I just paid the tax and went local; that way I could walk up to the local store if there was a problem.

I think the average is 4 to 6 weeks, though I think after the V-day rush it can be faster. I put in the order on the 27th of January and its due next Tuesday. If you have a certain time frame let the dealer know and maybe they can make it happen.

Good luck!

cccheel

Rough_Rock
Did the store you purchased the setting from charge you extra for anything?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you buy your diamond elsewhere they may charge you a setting charge.

ejv207

Rough_Rock
Nope they charged the list price of the ring.+ NY State tax. That was it. Though I went with another vendor for the center stone, they were more than helpful.

ejv207

Rough_Rock
Gypsy''s right some stores may indeed charge a fee if your center stone is not from them. I got quotes from two different Bailey Banks and Biddle, those did not include a setting charge if I recall correctly.

cccheel

Rough_Rock
Bailey banks & Biddle doesn''t do anything online, right? I went to their website, but there is nothing to click on. Does anyone have any experiences with Gause & Sons? That''s the only B&M that deals in Tacori near me.

cccheel

Rough_Rock
OK, so I spoke to the B&M Store (Gause & Sons). They said the stone would be sent to Tacori to be set and the only extra charges would be for $50 shipping (insured both ways) and $80 for Tacori to set it.

Still trying to decide what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results