shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring help, finding a diamond!

joe_au_melb

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for a while attempting to wrap my head around this whole diamond thing. Pretty interesting but also confusing. Anyway I think it's time I pull the trigger and buy a diamond for an engagement ring for my long suffering girlfriend (before the exchange rate plummets further). I think I understand all the ratings and this HCA tool, however finding a diamond that fits the budget and ticks all the boxes, specs-wise is a bit challenging. I found blue nile to be cheap but understand it involves buying 'blind'. Navigating these sites and comparing rocks is giving me trouble. I was hoping that someone could help me find a diamond with the following specs;

Budget is $5500 AUD ($4700 USD)
* 1.0 or there abouts carats
* 'Ideal' cut
* SI2 (eye clean a must)
* I or better colour

***EDIT: A round diamond

Thanks,
Joe

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
The $4700 cap is going to limit you to .8ct to maybe .95ct. Use PS's diamond search under Resources tab and look at in-house, GIA 3x, AGS 000, and your $4700 budget. The budget is too low to get 1ct.
https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-search-results

joe_au_melb

Rough_Rock
I'll add that she's not overly fussy and would be happy with anything, I just want to get the nicest thing I can afford. Any suggestions would be great

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
That is an ACA diamond, already vetted and a no brainer. It is beautiful. :appl:

joe_au_melb

Rough_Rock
I like it too, they said they will hold it for me, so unless something unusual happens I will proceed with the purchase :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is not being held for you, it says available, anyone can go into that now and purchase it. You will have to put
it on hold by completing the online form as far as I know. Lots of times peoples diamonds are bought before they get the chance here if not on hold, there are lots of lurkers looking to buy.

joe_au_melb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for letting me know! I spoke to customer service and they said they will hold it a couple of days for me. If it does get bought though it's not the end of the world.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results