shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring and Potential Wedding ring - how does this look?

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

My fiance proposed to me with a three-stone ring and I've been trying to find the right wedding band to pair with it. I fell in love with the 7 stone shared prong design but it doesn't sit flush with the e-ring. Do any of you have this experience? Is it comfortable to wear together? And, most importantly, do they look good together? Please see pics below... I'm also worried that the diamonds or my e-ring band might get scratched up :(

I appreciate all the help and feedback I can get from all of the experts and enthusiasts out there :) Thank you!

img_20140304_173739_1_.jpg

img_20140304_173729_1_.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
As far as the overall look is concerned, I think that the diamond band is too large for your E-ring. I prefer the smaller diamonds like the ring in the image that Maisie posted.

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your feedback :) I will ask for a band with smaller stones then.

I love the spacer ring idea. Will get one of those as well to keep the rings from bumping to each other.

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Maisie|1394050313|3628112 said:
Would you consider getting smaller diamonds? I think it looks a bit more balanced. You can wear a tiny spacer band inbetween the two rings to avoid damage.

Like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/66645868/thin-solid-14k-pink-gold-wedding-band?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=Rose+gold+spacer+ring&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

I like how this band looks with the 3 stone ering. It doesn't look like it's competing.

Hi Maisie, would the shared prong ring shown in the picture have a ctw of .50 or .35? Does the engagement ring have a 1ct centre stone? :) Thanks for your help!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the diamonds in the wedding band might be 3 pointers. I'm good at posting lovely photos and opinions but not the technical stuff :lol:

Hopefully one of the other helpful members will come along and help you estimate the size of the diamonds.

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
I think if I get a 7 stone ring, it will look like a half eternity on my finger because I'm a size 3.25 LOL :) I'm lucky that I don't need lots of diamonds for more coverage.

The ring that I tried on was a 4 and the diamonds on the ends were already dipping into the sides of my finger.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I had tiny fingers!! I agree, a 7 stone could do the job! Is there anywhere near you that you can try some different bands on?

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
I'll see if I can try on some other rings with the same design in the area, but so far, I've only tried the ones at Tiffany's... thanks :)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
ladidalola|1394052787|3628143 said:
Thanks for your feedback :) I will ask for a band with smaller stones then.

I love the spacer ring idea. Will get one of those as well to keep the rings from bumping to each other.

I like the spacer idea no one wants to go down in stones size. Or I wear my band on my left hand

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ladidalola|1394058662|3628227 said:
I think if I get a 7 stone ring, it will look like a half eternity on my finger because I'm a size 3.25 LOL :) I'm lucky that I don't need lots of diamonds for more coverage.

The ring that I tried on was a 4 and the diamonds on the ends were already dipping into the sides of my finger.

We are ring finger size twins - I am a size 3.35 as well :razz:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the extra bling from the Tiffany band you are wearing. I think it looks great. (I tried on the .56 and .91 T&Co bands, they are gorgeous choices for wedding bands!) If you don't change bands all the time, you could have your 2 rings soldered, or my own idea would be to put sort of a small tongue and groove type thing on e-ring and band so that they would not spin and you could wear them separate if you wanted. Good luck with your band search.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results