shape
carat
color
clarity

e-pics soon, what to wear?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
So I just scheduled our e-pic session with our photographer for Tuesday, April 7th!!! I''m so excited! I love looking at everyone''s e-pics and can''t wait to have ours done!

But of course, the big question is... What do I wear?!?

I''m usually a big skirt/dress wearer so I have a few cute things already, but of course I want to use e-pics as an excuse to go out and buy a new outfit! I don''t however, want to wear anything considered "trendy". I''d probably describe my style as feminine and classic. I''m a sucker for anything pink and anything with ruffles or lace!

The place we''re going to be having our e-pics taken is the "old town" part of the town we live in. There''s a "downtown" strip with little shops and an old retro theater, train tracks galore, and a gorgeous road lined with orchards and rolling hills and fields.

So what did/will you girls wear for YOUR e-pics? Any cute dresses or outfits you''ve come across lately that you feel like showing me?
9.gif

So you fashionita ladies, help me figure out what to wear!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
For our e-pics, DH and I both wore navy blue - I wore a simple but classic navy blue cocktail dress - sleeveless with a wide, high neckline and simple detail at the waist, and DH wore a navy blue suit and light-colored button down shirt.

We both loved how the pictures came out (they are still my absolute favorite pics of us, ever) - I''d go with something classic and simple. Our photographers at the time recommended dark colors (but not black), and nothing too bright or light, so if you do go with pink I''d stick with a darker, more muted tone and simple lines.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
We just scheduled our engagement pictures, too. We''re having them taken at the beach so our photographer recommended light colors. I got this Calvin Klein dress last week at Nordstrom''s.

Enagement pics dress.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wrap dress! Always flattering, pretty classic, and very cute.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wrap dresses or shirt/sweater dresses always tend to be big hits for engagement photos. I''m wearing that type of style for mine (in about a week):

Alfred Angelo dress

...in sage green, which is the taffeta version of my wedding color (celadon in satin). I really like the idea of wearing the wedding color for engagement photos. I think it sorta ties everything together in a nice way.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:44:18 PM
Author: kittybean
Wrap dress! Always flattering, pretty classic, and very cute.
Ditto!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Something comfy!
1.gif
Main main piece of advice. I wore a cardigan, blouse, and jeans. However..we had a heat wave that day..and I was burning up the whole time. Luckily I wore mac studio make-up..so you couldn''t really see the sweat in most pictures..but in some it was visible. I was miserable
15.gif
So be weather approporiate, don''t wear something you wouldn''t usually wear, and be comfy!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
We just had our engagement shots done this weekend. Because it was rainy like and cold in the morning, we opted for jeans and a more casual feel. We kept it light colors too, I wore a white sweater and him a pale-blue casual button-up. As soon as I get the photos, I will share!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results