shape
carat
color
clarity

DYSON

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a central vac system but it was not working too well...we put it in when we built the house almost 7 years ago, and it seemed to be not as powerful. Once I emptied who knows how much dirt from the main canisters in the basement, which should have been done every month (ha) and was likelier a year at least, it helped, but the hoses were broken. I made a service call to get new heads and hoses but in the meantime bought a Dyson at Bed Bath and Beyond, it is yellow and has a roller ball thing. IT ROCKS. We cleaned an oriental in my kitchen that had been done a couple of days earlier, and you cannot image what the Dyson got up, the hair and dust that was in that carpet which had just been done...amazing. My housekeeper loves this thing now, and even though I am getting the new stuff for the central vac, I think this Dyson will be getting a lot of use from now on! Just wanted to share if anyone was debating getting one. They are pricey but sometimes BB and B has 20% off coupons...worth using on this!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have one, too. The purple one, "the Animal" it''s called because they recommend it for people who have pets. It does a great job on rugs and carpets. And I really like they way you empty it. Nicer than a bag.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2007 1:31:01 AM
Author: swingirl
I have one, too. The purple one, ''the Animal'' it''s called because they recommend it for people who have pets. It does a great job on rugs and carpets. And I really like they way you empty it. Nicer than a bag.
I have this one too! I love it for the same reasons as you. And it looks cute too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know! It is so easy to deal with, and supposedly never weakens over time. I have a dog, but they did not recommend the purple one!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm on my second Dyson (my husband took the first to his new office to save on cleaning
1.gif

Dyson after sale service is second to none. My beloved now deceased dog ate through the cord last year and Dyson arranged a courier and a new cord ASAP[

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they make a stick vac version? I''m trying to find a good one, since my old one broke and they don''t make it anymore. I''ve tried a couple and they''re practically worthless.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love my Dyson. I am shocked each and every time by the amount of stuff it picks up. I had an Oreck for years, but prefer the Dyson hands down. I also got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond but I know that Costco also carries one of the models.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I am always sickeningly satisfied at how much crap my Dyson pulls out of the carpets -- it''s fun to dump the canisters knowing all of that stuff isn''t in my carpet now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the animal one and LOVE it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my Dyson! I have the purple one too and it''s so great for a house with 3 cats. I can use the hose wand all the way up the stairs without moving my vacuum. LOVE that feature! I''ve actually used it to suck cat hair out of the air before!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great product--very happy with ours.

cheers--Sharon

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
happy dyson owner here too!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Crap. We just registered for a different vaccuum, as we couldn''t see registering for a 5oo dollar vaccuum. Should we just break down and register for it? Also: if we have a short haired dachshund should we get the animal or the ball one?

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve got the turquiose and purple one. They don''t sell them in the Middle East (or didn''t in Bahrain at the time) so I made my boyfriend (now husband) take it back on the plane from the UK. When we checked him in, he had so many bags loaded up with christmas presents and the vacuum was the only thing that saved him from paying excess luggage. The check in woman took one look at me and the vacuum and shot him a sympathetic look before pressing the button to move the bags along!!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 11:47:25 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Crap. We just registered for a different vaccuum, as we couldn't see registering for a 5oo dollar vaccuum. Should we just break down and register for it? Also: if we have a short haired dachshund should we get the animal or the ball one?
we registered at bbb for the yellow one. not the ball. not the animal. we have a yorkie.
we got mulitiples of one item from our registery. we returned those items and noticed dyson & bbb having a special. $100 gift card with purchase of a dyson. plus we had 20% off card. so we GOT IT! ASAP. and LOVE it.

it's a cheaper than the ball and the animal. when we were deciding on which one, it seemed that they were similar except for an attachment. i could be wrong cause it was so long ago, but i'd really look at the different ones. the one we bought works very well. i don't regret not getting the animal or ball.

eta: i take that back. the one we got seems to have a bit less power. anyway this is the model we got:
Dyson Yellow DC07 Upright Vacuum $399.99 (from the bbb website)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yhanks Jcrow!! I got so confused.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 12:41:14 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Yhanks Jcrow!! I got so confused.
glad to help. i''d totally suggest getting one.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
With a Sheltie and two Maine coon cats (one long, one short-haired), we bought the purple Animal version when we bought our house two years ago. Still going strong, and still LOVE it.

And yes, we also take PERVERSE pleasure in seeing all the crap that it pulls up! Woo-hoo!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Dyson DC14 Full Kit that we bought at Costco almost 3 years ago. This vacuum ROCKS! It sucks absolutely everything into it and nothing, I mean nothing, gets thrown back out into the air. I think it has a Hepa filter or something, that filter traps everthing. I used to have to vacuum first then dust, because if I did it in reverse order, I''d just end up having to dust all over again. Since I''ve had my Dyson, I can dust and then vacuum... with no dust worries!
It''s the most powerful vacuum I''ve ever used.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Are they super hard to push? I have a bit of a knee issue and every time I vaccuum it kills it, I limp for days. We totally need to get a new vac. I''m so glad you started this thread DF...Maybe it will inspire me to go vac shopping.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is pretty easy thing to maneuver, especially the one with the ball...it moves around pretty easily!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 7:50:46 PM
Author: Miranda
Are they super hard to push?
No, not at ALL. I found it much smoother to push than most of my previous expensive vacuums.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard a lot of complaints in the UK that they can be painful on your back. We had one, but I never used it (had just moved in and was not going to educate FI into thinking that I did housework
31.gif
)

Anyway, it brokedown so we gave it to my brother who fixed it and liked it. I now have a green monster from Bosch with allergy filters etc which is amazing. My cleaner hates it though because it needs emptying everytime you use it - because it really works! She wants me to get a Henry - which my parents have - because then it doesn''t need emptying so often.
20.gif
I don''t seem to be able to make her understand that I don''t want all that rubbish in my house...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. I a have been wanting a Dyson for the last year or so (since a friend got one and started raving) and this thread combined with a 20% off BBB coupon that came in the mail the other day isnt helping. I may just break down this weekend...

Is it crazy heavy? We have a 3-floor TH and the carpet is upstairs and in the basement, so I have to lug it up and down a lot.
14.gif
Can it do hardwood floors?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes it can do hardfloors. it also has a crazy long hose that can go upstairs while the machine is downstairs.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 8:36:03 AM
Author: Pandora II
My cleaner hates it though because it needs emptying everytime you use it - because it really works! She wants me to get a Henry - which my parents have - because then it doesn''t need emptying so often.
20.gif
I don''t seem to be able to make her understand that I don''t want all that rubbish in my house...

My mom has one but hides it from her housekeeper because she breaks almost every vacuum she uses. So she lets her use the hoover and when she''s gone, my mom goes behind her with the Dyson. Seems kind of silly to me, but she values the relationship with the housekeeper as much as her dyson!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results