shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyson slim...my secret ploy into getting TGuy to vacuum...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha DJ, if you scare easily by them ugly dust bunnies (which is way too cute an animal to describe what I''m seeing) then avoid at all costs! I did another test today with the old vac and new, and it''s really disconcerting. Even more disconcerting is that I have not dumped the crap yet...I''m "saving" it so TGuy can check it out. How deranged is that?

But that''s kind of the weird addiction with the dyson. After you vacuum, you have to look. It''s like when someone sniffs something and says "Ew! Smell this!" and against all common sense you take a whiff.
14.gif

There is ONE thing I don''t like compared to my old vacuum is that the telescopic hose is longer than what I am used to...meaning the initial wand itself. Makes it awkward to clean sofas. But I''ll see if I can get used to it.

Zoe, glad I could help!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH LOVES looking at all the stuff that comes up too. It''s his favorite part. Here is a tip. I take the cushions and pillows off the sofa and put them on the floor (after you clean there of course) and either pick up the dyson and put them on top of them or use the wand that way. More control I think. I still find doing stairs akward with the wand and am obsessed with all wood ones (b/c that is how much I HATE cleaning carpet on stairs). DH ususally just does them with the shop vac b/c he knows how much I hate cleaning them.
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
tgal, i''m so glad you started this thread! i was thinking of getting the slim in a few months when our house is ready since it''s all carpet. but sam and i were like $500 for a vacuum?? that''s crazy!! nah, we''ll just get a regular hoover vac or something more reasonable in price.

but i think you''ve sold us now. thanks for everyone''s praises on the dyson. i''m gonna have to wait until the 20% bbb coupon comes in our mail again.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-- I have wood stairs but have to vaccum them because we have CAT HAIR TUMBLEWEEDS!!! A quick pass with the wand and they are banished though. I could see why it might be a pain to try and clean carpeted stairs though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually the retractable wand is the only thing that is kind of a so-so for me. I love it for stairs and hard to reach areas, but I wish I could retract the wand to make it shorter. It makes it awkward to do couches and stuff.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Hi TGal, thanks for your review. Did BB&B give you any hassle about using the 20% off coupon? I was actually thinking of going to buy a Dyson today, and when I pulled out the 20% coupons I have been saving, it says at the bottom of the coupons that they cannot be used for certain brands, and Dyson is one of the ones listed.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 2:56:54 AM
Author: Kay
Hi TGal, thanks for your review. Did BB&B give you any hassle about using the 20% off coupon? I was actually thinking of going to buy a Dyson today, and when I pulled out the 20% coupons I have been saving, it says at the bottom of the coupons that they cannot be used for certain brands, and Dyson is one of the ones listed.
Kay, I have many coupons, and Dyson is not listed. If yours are old and you have been saving them for awhile, most likely that is why it lists Dyson as a brand you cannot buy. I know they didn''t used to honor the coupon for Dyson. I had no problems.

I''d just call the store and see if this is currently the case and if you can use your old coupon.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay I have used those coupons on a few brands that are listed at the bottom w/o an issue (Vera Wang, All Clad...). My MIL bought ours as a wedding gift and I know she used a 20% off. I would just play dumb. Ask for forgiveness nor permission.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I used the coupon on a dyson recently and had no problem at BBB. In fact it didn''t even mention it on the coupon. I think it will work no problem!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 1:11:12 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Ayyy yii yiiii....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our carpets were SO gross! Below, my review of the Dyson Slim....

It''s PERFECT for our apartment....easy to store and feels very nimble. And man, it can SUCK! I''m absolutely grossed out by what it collected in the small space that is our living room. The telescopic wand is easy to use and not only is it useful for stairs, but it''s great when I want TGuy to shut up...I just plonk the nozzle down on his lips and the Dyson slim sucks ''em shut.

Now, we don''t have pets so I can''t vouch for how well it would suck animal hair, but I can definitely guarantee that with the amount of hair and dust it collected, I can create my own new pet!
32.gif
We named him Dyson the Dust Doggie!

So is this thing a sexy little piece of machinery or what? It''s about a pound lighter than our current vacuum but mentally feels a lot lighter...perhaps because it''s so svelte! It''s definitely is still novel enough to be a conversation piece. I didn''t have to hope that TGuy would vacuum at all...I just leave it out when company comes over. Everyone wants to check it out to see how it steers and sucks. I have to ''limit'' one room per guest. Vacuum is a chore for us no more!
31.gif
If you feel it looks weird just sitting in your living room when company comes over, I recommend gussying it up a bit by sticking some flowers in its see through dust catching compartment. Puuuuuuurdy....

Also, so far I seem far less wheezy when I vacuum, but I still have yet to go full blast all over the house since the guests keep doing to cleaning.
1.gif
Is it worth $469? Well, I was fully prepared to pay it (actually just a bit over $400 with the BB&B 20% off coupon). But since I only paid $7 for it, I am definitely a believer. Only time will tell if I think it''s worth its full weight in gold...but at only 15.8 pounds, I really think the lightweight of the slim compared to the other models makes it a clear winner in my book.

Highly recommended!

Heeeheee, you could crochet a vacuum cozee!
9.gif

I''ve been wanting a Dyson for a long time. We have two pretty nice vacuums, though, so I have to wait until one of them dies. DIE you ugly vacuum, DIE!!!

I didn''t know you could use the 20% off coupon on something like that at BB&B. That would certainly sweeten the deal.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 1:27:07 PM
Author: gailrmv
I used the coupon on a dyson recently and had no problem at BBB. In fact it didn't even mention it on the coupon. I think it will work no problem!
I used a BBB coupon also and got 20% off the Slim. Seems like the coupons sometimes exclude Dyson and sometimes don't.

I bought the vaccuum last month and my husband vaccumed the whole house once and then has not touched the thing since! lol
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was at Linens ''n Things today and I saw a poster displayed on the front window that said that they gladly accept competitors'' coupons. I''m assuming they were referring to BB&B, since their stores are so similar. We''re going to probably register for a Dyson but if I was going to get one and I had a coupn that said it couldn''t be used for a Dyson, I would play dumb as well.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 2:56:54 AM
Author: Kay
They may actually be say this because people are buying them for back to school and such, since they are perfect for small apartments. Just wait around and wait for them to not say Dyson at the bottom. We used a coupon to buy ours (DC 15 Animal Ball) about a year and a half ago.

With two cats and a chinchilla, we knew we would get all the pet hair up - but what grossed us out was the nasty dirt that settled deep into the carpet. When we used it the first time, we had to empty the canister about every ten feet. Our house actually collects less dust now too. I only have to dust about once a week now instead of three times.

TGal - Congrats on your purchase! It''s always great to find deals like that! Our vacuum was free thanks to that coupon and gift cards. We also got a car cleaning kit with it and it is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results