shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyeable BM Dresses? Is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a difficult time finding my MOH (only attendant) a BM dress! You''d think it wouldn''t be hard when it''s only one person to please, right? Our wedding colors are yellow and gray, and we are looking for gray dresses. Problem is, no gray dresses we find are really the "right" gray. Some are way too dark of a pewter color, others too pale gray, and none are the medium in-between gray I picture in my head!

My MOH is very small and looks cute in nearly anything she tries on, so we are very flexible on what style the dress is (looking for a knee length, but would consider long too).

So, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a dyeable BM dress? Or if not, does anyone have any suggestions for medium gray dresses? I''ve tried Priscilla of Boston, JCrew, Dessy, etc... and haven''t really found anything that is the right color! Any help is appreciated!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am not aware of dyable gowns. Gray is a hard color to describe, do you have a picture of something the right grey so we can take a look? Also, is it a cool gray or a warm gray, that makes a big difference?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard of this either.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You could always try to find the fabric you want and hire a dressmaker to make the dress.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses! There totally should be such a thing, boo! I''m not sure we want to go through the hassle of having a dress actually made. Sounds pricey!

I am not very good at posting pics, but its more of a cool gray for sure. I''ll try to find some examples when I''m at home and can re-size! It''s hard seeing pictures on computers and then seeing the dresses in real life and they look totally different. Or even in the catalogs, for example POB''s gray dresses in the pamphlet they provide look nothing like the same color in person!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
If you only have one attendant, would you consider buying off the rack? Let me see what I can find.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:12:40 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
If you only have one attendant, would you consider buying off the rack? Let me see what I can find.

EM, would totally buy off the rack! I''ve searched high and low, Jcrew, Banana, Ann Taylor, Nordstroms, Saks, Macy''s, etc. and can''t find anything just right!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:47:33 PM
Author: MagsyMay

Date: 4/14/2010 6:12:40 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

EM, would totally buy off the rack! I''ve searched high and low, Jcrew, Banana, Ann Taylor, Nordstroms, Saks, Macy''s, etc. and can''t find anything just right!
check out shopstyle.com Search dresses and the color grey and silver. You will find 100 pages of dresses. http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/dresses?fl=c14&fl=c19&fts=grey+dress#40_0 Hopefully the link works. Can you post a swatch of anything that resembles the color that you are ideally looking for? Also, a style would be helpful.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, you are the best!! Some look a little informal, ha, and too bad every one I''m drawn to is like $600+, but I still have like 50 pages to go!!! Thanks so much for your help, you rock!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ha, me too! I found one that was about 1k. I''ll keep looking over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results