shape
carat
color
clarity

DVD favors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this would be cool (and no copyright issues) My fiance and I are huge movie buffs. I thought would it be ok to give the guest copies our favorite DVDs...kinda like CDS. thoughts?

PS: it would be burned copies...2 types of movies would be given

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is illegal and goes against copyright laws.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with dtnyc... it would violate copyright issues. Would it be possible to search $1 bins at places like Wal-Mart and Target for movies? They may not be your first choice, but it would be legal and cheap. Another option may be to make your own movie... like your love story.

... OR...

This would really depend on your budget and # of guests, but what about something like a gift card (enough to cover 1 rental) to Blockbuster or other movie rental store in your area? You could make cute cards that say something like, thanks for sharing our day, now we want to share our fav movies with you and then list a couple of your favs. That way, if the person as already seen the movie or owns it, they wont have 2 copies or not know what to do with it. I hope this doesnt offend you, but I have to say I am a big fan of favors that dont collect dust... im one of those people that cant throw them away, but dont know what to do with them either!

... OR along the lines of my last comment...

We had cookies as favors... what if you had cookies in the shape of movie reels with movie titles on them... like pick your top 5 and put one title on a cookie so each one was a little different.

Hope that helps and again, hope I didnt offend you!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
njc...no worries...I do not feel offended.

groomzilla vetoed idea anyhoo. He says it''s illegal and he thought it was a little cheap. CHEAP?!? Do I need to remind him that we ARE on a budget.

I agree about the collecting dust thing. I''m not into favors you can eat...I really don''t know why...just never have. I like cute things but not sure. I could just scrap the favors and save the $$$

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results