shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust Request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I tried to request some dust in Hangout, but it seems that nobody but D&T saw it
7.gif
I''m hoping you ladies can help me out.

On Tuesday I found out I''m losing my job. It was really a horrible place that I''ve been trying to get out of for a long time, so I''m trying to see this as a hugely positive thing. They gave me a nice deal and with that and FI''s salary we should be just fine until I can find something new. We''ll just have to cut back a little on the "extras" but we won''t have to move to a cheaper place or anything.

The wedding is in 3 weeks
37.gif
so that''s what I''m really trying to look forward to now. My last day of work is the 22nd, then I''m off for wedding stuff and never need to go back there again. Yay!

Please give me some dust that I find a new job again soon. I know the economy isn''t great and I hope I''m able to find something by January (that''s my goal anyway).

Thanks ladies!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of job dust (& wedding dust) to you!!!!!!! Look on the bright side - you'll have lots of time to enjoy being a newlywed!

Hangout moves really fast, sometimes. Once stuff is on page 2 it often gets 'forgotten'
38.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Lots of dust to you date twin. Here''s wishing you the best of luck with the job hunt and all the wedding happiness in the world! *dust dust dust*

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
***Lots of dust to you!!***

Try not to stress about finding a new job until after the wedding! Sounds like this was a blessing in disguise, not to mention you get a little "vacation" so to speak around the wedding!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
DUST! DUST!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Lynnie, you''re right; if you''re not a hot topic on Hangout, you''re onto the second page in no time
3.gif
I know my fellow BIWs would be here for me though.

Winslet, hi date twin! Thanks for the dust
1.gif
I''ll be thinking of you on 9/25.

MagsyMay, it really is a blessing in disguise. I feel like I can finally focus on the wedding now and not be so stressed out about work all the time. I am a bit stressed about finding a new job, but since we figured we can live on what we''ve got, I''m not too stressed. I''m mostly worried that winter will come and I''ll get a bit depressed just from sitting around the house all the time, so I hope it doesn''t take me too long to find a job. I''m not very patient and job hunting moves so slowly sometimes!

Thanks, Panda!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to heat that! Job hunting can be horribly stressful, H is currently looking.
14.gif
I would recommend waiting until after the wedding so as not to completely frazzle yourself. Or to just casually go about it until after. Good luck dear!

*** DUSTING *** DUSTING *** DUSTING *** DUSTING *** DUSTING ***

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 5:44:11 PM
Author: elrohwen
Thanks ladies! Lynnie, you''re right; if you''re not a hot topic on Hangout, you''re onto the second page in no time
3.gif
I know my fellow BIWs would be here for me though.

Winslet, hi date twin! Thanks for the dust
1.gif
I''ll be thinking of you on 9/25.

MagsyMay, it really is a blessing in disguise. I feel like I can finally focus on the wedding now and not be so stressed out about work all the time. I am a bit stressed about finding a new job, but since we figured we can live on what we''ve got, I''m not too stressed. I''m mostly worried that winter will come and I''ll get a bit depressed just from sitting around the house all the time, so I hope it doesn''t take me too long to find a job. I''m not very patient and job hunting moves so slowly sometimes!

Thanks, Panda!
Elrohwen,

I went through the same thing before we got married. I had this job that I worked about 60 hours a week, so I could barley get anything done for the weeding, and 3 weeks before the wedding I lost my job. I know it can be stressful, but this can be a very possitive thing for you; it was for me. I felt stressed about not having a job, and ontop of planning the wedding also having to look for a new job....but it worked out great, I had time to concentrate on the wedding, and getting the last things ready etc. I had an interview at Hubbys work about 2 weeks before the wedding; 2 days before the wedding, found out I got the job, and 2 days after the wedding started
9.gif
talk about stressful, but Im really glad I got that time to just prepare for everything. I now have been working there for almost a year, and its an insurance job, which means I see how many people are loosing their jobs. Im sorry you lost it, and I pray that you are able to relax, but also that you find something more to what you want to do.....who knows, if Obama keeps pushing his crap ideas for healthcare, I may be out of a job too!
38.gif
(different subject LOL).

Wishing all the best to you!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ilovesparkles!!

04diamond<3, thank you so much for sharing your story. I''ve actually been trying to get a job at FI''s company since last year. I was sooo close but then they went on a hiring freeze last year and I couldn''t get the job
7.gif
They just started offering positions again maybe 3 weeks ago, so FI and I are working very hard to get me a job there. It''s so awesome to hear that you were in the same situation and it was so successful! Even though I doubt I''ll get something before the wedding, it would be fantastic if I was able to get something by the end of this year. The job market is so tough, but it seems like companies with jobs I''m qualified for are starting to hire again. I just have to convince them that it''s worth taking a chance on me because I''m trying to switch industries.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
good luck, elrowhen!! *****DUST*****

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of *****DUST******* your way!!! Best of luck. Most of all enjoy your wedding. You can look for a job once you get back from your honeymoon. Everything happens for a reason, when one door closes, ..... you get my point. Best of luck to you!!
5.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
TONS of dust your way!! I especially hope you find something at FI''s place of employment!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lots of *DUST* coming your way!
35.gif

Hope you find a great new job, and enjoy your big day!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sending you lots of dust sweetie. I really believe in fate and it sounds like a blessing in disguise!!! You can now enjoy your wedding without the stress of a job that you hate hanging in the background.

Hope everything goes smoothly in the last few weeks, how exciting!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 12:38:00 PM
Author: MagsyMay
***Lots of dust to you!!***

Try not to stress about finding a new job until after the wedding! Sounds like this was a blessing in disguise, not to mention you get a little ''vacation'' so to speak around the wedding!
My thoughts exactly!!! Major dust for a new job after your wedding!

Lori

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 4:40:32 AM
Author: honey22
Sending you lots of dust sweetie. I really believe in fate and it sounds like a blessing in disguise!!! You can now enjoy your wedding without the stress of a job that you hate hanging in the background.

Hope everything goes smoothly in the last few weeks, how exciting!!!!!
Exacty!!! *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust* *Dust*

charbie

Ideal_Rock
lots and lots and lots of dust to you!!

i''m sure it was a blessing. i lost my job recently as well, and was so blessed that my old position (which i LOVED and was stupid to leave in the first place) came open at the exact same time. lots of stress to start a new job before the wedding, but in the end i''m SOO happy to be where i am and feel so valued.

it looks like you already are focusing on the positive- and that positive energy will take you SOOOOOOOO far! keep us posted!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, honey, so sorry that you lost your job, and that your thread got pushed to page 2 of Hangout with only one reply! That sucks, but you know we didn''t ignore you on purpose, right?
3.gif

I agree that with the wedding just 3 weeks away that it could be seen as really good timing too! So use it as a breather to keep you from getting really stressed about the wedding, have an amazing time marrying your honey, and then when you come back to reality
2.gif
you can double your efforts to find new job possibilities! Seems like a great plan to me!
1.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
you will find something eventually, like we all will! the timing does seem good. you don''t have to stress about a job you hated during the weeks before your wedding. and you can manage on your fiance''s salary. that sounds good to me!
36.gif

everyone tells me that being laid off is a great opportunity to "reinvent" yourself. i have not been able to do that yet, but maybe you can (sorry, i don''t even know if you need reinventing haha). anyways dust!!!!!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Lots and lots of ***DUST*** for you!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m sorry to hear that you''re losing your job, but I''m glad to hear its somewhat of a blessing in disguise!

***DUST*** to finding a new job quickly!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Much dust for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for not coming back to this thread sooner! I''ve been kind of busy and away from PS for a few days.

Thank you lulu, kaleigh, pilsn, tuckins, honey, loriken, hawaiianorangetree, charbie, gwen (I''m sure no one ignored me on purpose
3.gif
though I did know the BIWs would be extra special supportive
5.gif
), purselover, elle, and princessplease. You ladies are all fantastic and it''s so great to know that there are so many kind and caring people out there
9.gif
I''ve been hesitant to tell people I know, except for family and very close friends, because I don''t want a pity party at my wedding, but I had to tell someone!

Cocolaw, I do want to reinvent myself! In college I thought the food industry was the right one for me, but I''m realizing that it really isn''t. Luckily, I do still love being an engineer, I think I just need to find a different type of engineering that suits me better. Are you reinventing yourself in your down time?
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww El- you probably get more dust on Hangout
2.gif
now. So sorry I hope you are doing ok for the time being *Hugs*

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen, Dust to you!!!! I know you''ll find a better job by January! Think about it...you''ll have 24/7 to focus on finding the best job for you! Also you''re not alone!! I for one have been wanting to leave my job but technically I''m just waiting to get let go so I could have a severance package to help me not totally dip into my savings since that''s suppose to help with the wedding. Go ahead and enjoy your wedding, honeymoon, and rediscovering yourself. And then find a job or career that makes you happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results