shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for My Dad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello PSers,
My father had a stroke last December. It was a surprise because he is so healthy. A big, scary,unsettling surprise. I didn''t write about this earlier because ...well, the last couple of months have been a blur with helping out, work, appointments, vet visits (one of the furbabies had an issue) and such. Goodness, I miss the days of getting at least 7 hours of sleep.
24.gif
Wedding planning has been moved to the backburner for now. Future DH who has always been wonderful with my parents, has been exceptional during this time. He has been helping out so much and been such a pillar for me...gosh, there are no words. If there was a "Through Thick and Thin" Care Bear, it would be my future DH.

Dad''s recovery has been encouraging and - I am happy to say--he is going for his first outpatient speech therapy evaluation tomorrow! And, that is why I am writing today. The first six months are the most crucial for recovery we have been told. Dad''s progress has been good so far and I hope it continues with the outpatient therapy. As such, I hope Dad''s therapists are supportive and conducive to the recovery process. Please send dust to my Dad for continued healing, wonderful therapists and strength. And, if there is any leftover dust, maybe a little for me and future DH to keep all the balls we are juggling going.
-AT

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sending your father much healing dust! Best wishes on a continued recovery.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending truckloads of dust to you all!!
35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending dust to your dad...I pray that he continues on the road to recovery.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 1:34:25 PM
Author: Lorelei
35.gif

Ditto! (Sorry Lorelei but you said it so well lol)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Dust for a speedy recovery! increased strength! and also powerful healing!
DUST!*****

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending healing dust to your Dad. Prayers outgoing.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tons of healing dust coming your father's way!!!!!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Anita: sending lots of dust your way.Hoping for speedy recovery.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 4:13:06 PM
Author: Maisie
Date: 2/22/2009 1:34:25 PM

Author: Lorelei

35.gif

Ditto! (Sorry Lorelei but you said it so well lol)

Double ditto, I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery really soon

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Sending lots of dust to your dad, as well as you and your future DH. I pray he makes a full recovery, and I am glad your future DH has been such a support to you throughout your family''s ordeal. Those are the keepers :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Anita - TONS of dust headed towards your dad for a continued excellent recovery, and also for you and your DH and the rest of your family that is supporting him during this time - it takes a lot of strength to do that, and I''m sure your support and love has really helped him through this difficult time.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anita, sending your dad and you lots of PS dust and prayers!!!! You sound like a wonderful daughter. ((((hugs))))

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust sweetie. I know how scary it is to see one of your parents ill.

You''re doing a great job though, if that''s any consolation
2.gif

(((HUGS)))

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Tons of dust to your dad for a continued recovery and to you, too. You sound like you are a real trooper.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending bucketloads of dust!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your encouraging posts. It has been a busy, busy time. I just wish there were more hours in the day. Niccia, future DH is a wonderful person.
5.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I wanted to provide a quick update: Dad likes the new therapist and she is giving him lots of "homework"... this actually makes me feel a little more reassured. And, Dad, is so cute. He is taking his homework seriously. Thank you for all the dust.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am glad to hear he is continuing to do well :), sending more dust so he keeps getting much much much better :D.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:11:58 AM
Author: AnitaT
Hello,
I wanted to provide a quick update: Dad likes the new therapist and she is giving him lots of ''homework''... this actually makes me feel a little more reassured. And, Dad, is so cute. He is taking his homework seriously. Thank you for all the dust.
Good to hear; prayers continued for your dad.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update Anita. May your Dad get better every day.I hope that the therapist will continue to do a great job.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust and prayers..

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Prayers for you, your DH, your Dad, and the whole family. May your Dad receive excellent care and make great progress. And may you be able to finally breathe a deep sigh and get some much needed rest. Bless you.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all...PS is full of kind folks. I appreciate your messages a lot.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
*********another bucket of dust coming to your dad and the rest of your family**************

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Loads and loads of dust for your dad!

Loads and loads of dust for your wedding plans!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results