shape
carat
color
clarity

Dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Where do you put your engagement ring on your wedding day before the ceremony? Do you leave it off until you get your wedding band? Put it on the right hand and then switch over after the ceremony?

just wondering

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
On my wedding day I wore my engagement ring on my right hand then switched it over to my left hand right before the reception. My grandmother told me the safest place for your jewelry when you're traveling is on your finger. On my wedding day I was not going to let my e-ring out of my sight.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Right hand. Switch over.

futuremrsvh

Rough_Rock
i don't think this is a dumb question at all. my engagement ring doesn't even come close to fitting on my right hand, so switching to my right hand for the day won't work. what should i do?

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Does your e-ring fit on your pinkie finger on your right hand? You could switch it to that finger right before you walk down the aisle.

Or just wear your e-ring on the wedding ring finger and have your fiance take it off as part of the ritual for putting your wedding ring on. Make it a symbolic gesture of the change from fiance to wife.

It's your wedding, you can do whatever you want. But what ever you do, make it meaningful to you because you're the one who's going to remember all the small details after the day is over.
21.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yikes! I don't even have my e-ring yet.. but its DEFINITELY not going to fit on my right hand. We ordered it as small as possible (I actually worry it will not fit my left hand if it is warm/bloated+) so it will not spin at all. That had never even OCCURED to me. I guess I will worry about that when the time comes (In a year and a half or so when I FINALLY get married)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results