shape
carat
color
clarity

dry shampoo... ever try it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
So I went to Sephora and I purchased this dry shampoo by Oscar Blandi that is supposed to be pretty good. My hair is pretty dried out on the ends from all the coloring I put it through, yet my scalp always gets oily (gross, I know) and I feel like I HAVE to wash my hair everyday, otherwise it feels nasty. Anyone else dealing with this problem, or tried a dry shampoo? Does this stuff work well for this type of hair condition? Opinions, thanks!
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could answer your question, but I can say that my hair is similar to yours. My scalp gets oily, but the rest is rather dry in comparison, so in theory dry shampoo sounds like a great idea. Hopefully someone here has had success with it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i've tried something like this, although not the same brand.
i don't use it all over in my hair... just at the scalp in the front. and i throw it up in a pony afterward.

i can't believe i just admitted that.
40.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 6:18:07 PM
Author: jcrow
i''ve tried something like this, although not the same brand.
i don''t use it all over in my hair... just at the scalp in the front. and i throw it up in a pony afterward.

i can''t believe i just admitted that.
40.gif
Well, OK, I will make you feel better! I do the same thing with baby powder! Yikes! Desperate times
2.gif

I actually recommend it, as long as you have light hair. I always like the idea of dry shampoo, but it is expensive.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
The guy that does my hair does not want me shampooing more than twice/week. I color all the time... I have not tried the dry shampoo, because I really do not get oily, but I''ve heard it''s great for adding volume. I''d like to try it for that.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw it, at Sephora. I wondered if it works. Someone in my salon told me to try one, not that one in particular, but they got one and have similar hair to me and love it. I do not wash everyday, I have dry colored hair, but my scalp is dry, it takes days for it to get oily, but I would still try it just to see it in action!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend has same issue and SWEARS by the dry shampoo for only roots. She has favorite brand... and it is not one mentioned... i will try to find out for ya.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I have not actually tried it yet, but I mainly got it because I''d like not to traditionally wash my hair as often as I do, because of what it does for your color, but the scalp thing just feels nasty to me. Jcrow, thanks for being honest
2.gif
I will let you know once I try it out!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m a baby powder user too. Baby powder, a bit of a blowdryer and some hairspray and my hair fluffs up nicely. I try to only shampoo every other day too. I want to try the Bumble & Bumble hair powder but I can''t find a place that sells it locally.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh, I simply CAN"T live without Bumble dry shampoo...the new formula sucks b/c it''s in a spray....the older formula in the bottle is my world LOL

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I was actually thinking about trying one as well because I''m trying to lay off washing my hair too frequently because the ends get so dry from me straightening my hair every day. I usually can shampoo every other day because I don''t have very oily hair (I could go longer and it wont look oily but I don''t like the smell that it seems only I can smell haha), but I still do almost every day out of habit. Let us know how it works out for you!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I wash mine every day and at the end of the day I''m veeerrryyyyy tempted to do it again...which I do as I usually shower 2X....I can''t stand going to bed without it.....The old bumble formula better come back. I only have one and one half bottles left.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 8:59:20 AM
Author: Miscka

Date: 1/4/2008 6:18:07 PM
Author: jcrow
i''ve tried something like this, although not the same brand.
i don''t use it all over in my hair... just at the scalp in the front. and i throw it up in a pony afterward.

i can''t believe i just admitted that.
40.gif
Well, OK, I will make you feel better! I do the same thing with baby powder! Yikes! Desperate times
2.gif

I actually recommend it, as long as you have light hair. I always like the idea of dry shampoo, but it is expensive.
haha, i mentioned not using the same brand... why? oh because i use baby powder
6.gif

haha. it''s awesome for blond hair! esp. because when it gets greesy, the roots get yucky dark. a bit of baby powder and a little blow drying and you''re almost as good as new.
9.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I got a bunch of more "thumbs up" to the bumble product... but only the powder version.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I had been thinking about trying a dry shampoo, as my hair is really dry from coloring/highlighting.

I was at the mall this weekend and saw Sephora and thought...oh yeah...I want to try that Oscar Blandi dry shampoo. It was sold out, so they had a couple more brands to chose from. I went with one by Ojon and it works great and has a nice clean fragrance.

I was bummed about the Blandi being sold out and will give that one a go next time.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Well I tried it, and it actually lives up to what it says it''s supposed to do - so this is good news.
9.gif
It is applied a bit like doing a root touch up, and yes, its white like a baby powder, and it does turn your hair a lighter shade. Good for in between color jobs! The smell is lemony. I''d give it a whirl!

oh and I have used baby powder before and this stuff works in the same way, but this has some sort of scalp soothent it in that feels great!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
My hair is similar. It gets oily quickly, and even if it isn''t icky when I wake up, I wash it daily anyway because if I don''t, then by 4:00, I''m like "AHHH I should have washed my hair!." Since I have to wash it every day, sometimes I just wash the roots and skip washing the ends, but then I''ll condition the ends.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I have black-brown hair and I was using a drugstore brand called Pssssssst! Seriously. It''s like $5 for a spray can and I used it maybe 12 times before running out. It uses corn starch (I think) which starts out white, but after brushing it through, you can''t tell that there''s anything in my hair. It''s hard to find. I need to get more!

The Oscar Blandi sounds great! The Pssssst! is also scented, but just kind of a flowery powder smell. Nothing exciting.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered the Oscar Blandi powder, but now that I''m thinking about it, I bet a squeeze bottle with an applicator tip filled with cornstarch or baby powder would work the same and be a LOT cheaper. Oh well, I had a gift card.
20.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
After I bought the Blandi, I actually tried to google the product and read up on any reviews about it. Hence why I posted here
5.gif

I found on a website that corn starch works well. But, I am a sucker for products at Sephora, and used my points as being a member and I got some free stuff (a bonus) which is why I figured I''d buy it. What I will probably do once I have finished the Blandi, is fill it with corn starch and see if that works as well!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 8:46:13 AM
Author: CrownJewel
I have black-brown hair and I was using a drugstore brand called Pssssssst! Seriously. It''s like $5 for a spray can and I used it maybe 12 times before running out. It uses corn starch (I think) which starts out white, but after brushing it through, you can''t tell that there''s anything in my hair. It''s hard to find. I need to get more!

The Oscar Blandi sounds great! The Pssssst! is also scented, but just kind of a flowery powder smell. Nothing exciting.

I think I may have seen that someplace too!! Maybe at Ulta? Can''t remember!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
This stuff doesn''t work if you use a lot of product in your hair; it will just adhere to the product and give you a dusty appearance.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem with my hair....but I have redish-blond hair. no matter what I use my hair look oily and I can never win and I have to wash it everyday or I put it up in a ponytail and just give up.... I have switched shampoo''s and whatnot but its frustrating that I cant get it to cooperate.

Any other suggestions? I am not sure about the dry shampoo...doesnt it make you look like you have dandruff??

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the Pronto Dry Shampoo when we were in the US last year (I bought everything on top 10 list at Sephora what a pathetic person I am
9.gif
). Anyhoo its fine it works but I have very blonde hair so It disappears fine. If you had darker hair it would be tricker to work in.
I have also used corn starch and whilst it doesn''t smell as good it works just fine
1.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
It works pretty well and doesn''t give you the dandruff effect, but you have to make sure you are parting your hair with the tip applicator and putting the product directly onto your scalp. At least that is what the sales lady at Sephora told me when she showed me how to apply it.
2.gif

It kinda blends in well on darker hair (I have natural medium brown hair with blonde highlights) and I have no problem getting it to blend.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m cheap, so I use corn starch right out of the box! I dip my fingers in and then shake them off so there is just a thin coat on my fingers. Then I run them through my hair, right in the front and get the corn starch right onto my scalp. I run my fingers through two or three times, then sort of shake out my hair and brush it. I have very fine curly hair so I really can''t wash it more than twice a week. My hair is a medium brown and the corn starch doesn''t show at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results