shape
carat
color
clarity

Dry roast beef

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I sure goofed tonight. Bought a delicious roast beef, wasn''t paying attention to the time and over cooked it. UGH.

Does anyone have recip for dishes using the meat???? Meat is dry and I don''t want to waste the roast.
7.gif

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
slice it thin, then put it in a microwave dish totaly covered with thinned gravy.
heat until it boils, serve on rice or noodles.

or do same in sauce pan on very low heat.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''d turn it into beef stroganoff, sorta like storm said but no microwave.

Your beef +

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces butter
4 green onions, sliced (white parts only)
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
6 oz muchrooms, sliced
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup white wine
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMMMMMMMMy, thank you !!!!!!!!!

Linda

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Shredded beef tacos. Add some cilantro, onion, garlic and throw in tortillas.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda,
sorry that happened but it looks like you have your problem solved. Yum
18.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Shepherds pie:

Mince the beef, (do you call it grind?) fry diced brown onions add the beef and fry it too (a bit). Do you have any gravy left? then add the gravy to the meat until it''s juicy. Put it in a dish and top with mashed potato and maybe cheese? Bake until heated through. Have with peas and tomato sauce. YUm!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I like to use slow cooker ( crock pot) It cooks perfectly and you don''t even have to be home.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the crockpot! Tacos, stroganoff...the choices!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No microwaving it, that will only add to the problem. The recipes you were given sound yummy. Sorry this happened, I think all of us have done this too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:10:07 PM
Author: angeline
Shepherds pie:

Mince the beef, (do you call it grind?) fry diced brown onions add the beef and fry it too (a bit). Do you have any gravy left? then add the gravy to the meat until it''s juicy. Put it in a dish and top with mashed potato and maybe cheese? Bake until heated through. Have with peas and tomato sauce. YUm!
Just in case she wanted to make this...tomato sauce means ketchup to us Americans right? Because tomato sauce (here) and ketchup are not the same!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, I knew I could count on my PS friends. BTW it was a juicy Prime Rib roast.
8.gif
That is why I was so darn upset. Couldn''t think on my own what to do with the darn overcooked thing. LOL.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Have you ever used an oven bag? I never used one for roast beef, but they work great for turkey. Oh man!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry,

No I haven''t on beef, but have on turkey. You are right. It turns out soooooooooooooooo good.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
as long as its totally covered in liquid nukerwave is fine...
iv made it that way hundreds of times.
Your boiling it in liquid and how you heat the liquid don't matter one bit.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
In the future, stand your rib roast up. Also, braising for a few minutes helps or coat the entire meat w/ olive oil or butter. Depending upon the weight, you cook about 15 minutes/lb. But I always insert a meat thermometer. It''s best to not open the oven until you think it may be on its last 15 minutes.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:37:34 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 5/14/2007 10:10:07 PM

Author: angeline

Shepherds pie:

Just in case she wanted to make this...tomato sauce means ketchup to us Americans right? Because tomato sauce (here) and ketchup are not the same!

yup, ketchup is what I meant! thanks TG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results