shape
carat
color
clarity

dressing up pocketfold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Please give me any ideas of how to dress up my chocolate brown pocketfolds. I was thinking either a stamp or something. What color ink could I use to show up on the brown pocket fold? It just looks too plain without anything. Here are some pictures for reference

pocket1.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Picture of the pocket closed with the internal envelope. This will be placed in an ecru colored external envelope. I want to dress up either the inserts, the pocketfold itself or the internal envelope...any suggestions would be helpful!

pocket2.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think a monogram would be lovely. I''m not crafty, so I don''t know what you could get to stand out on the brown though.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
How about a metallic gold or silver stamp? Something with an antique look to it.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I used a copper metallic maple leaf stamp for our brown STD covers and they turned out well (at least I thought so.) Could you use a monogram stamp? Or you could do a ribbon wrap along the outside of the pocketfold to dress it up a bit in that blue color.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted kind of a scrolly antique looking stamp to put in the corner. I will go and have a look at the store.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used Eiffel Printing & Design for our invitations, and they have lots of pretty pocketfolds: gallery for ideas if you''re interested.

The stamp idea is a good one, Eiffel wraps ribbon around many of their pocketfolds, ours has this and I think it''s a beautiful touch. It really classes it up, IMO.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:31:25 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
I wanted kind of a scrolly antique looking stamp to put in the corner. I will go and have a look at the store.
I have this image on a stamp (http://www.stockxpert.com/browse.phtml?f=view&id=407857) - haven''t found a place to use it yet. You can get a custom made stamp pretty easily I think, just purchase the image from stockxpert and then send it off to have a stamp made. Rubberstamps.net is useful too..

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
What about doing wax seals? I know you can get peel and stick ones now so you don''t have to go through and do them all by hand, and they even do custom ones.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
So I tried the stamp on the outside and it looked horrible (like it was out of place) I think that I am going to do is use the blue paper for backing and print the invite and the inserts on ecru color, then use a blue ribbon and a tag on the outside.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with musey, I think a ribbon would look really nice wrapped around top-to-bottom. Be careful with ribbons though, I tied a ribbon around mine and it made the envelopes too thick so I had to pay for extra postage. The next batch I sent out I tied the ribbon looser so the knot could be smooshed down a bit to make them thinner and it worked. I used a really thin ribbon too, so just something to think about!!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
allie - you might want to check out the paper-source DIY videos. they have alot of easy to do ideas. the lady in the videos is a little kooky but in an endearing way.

they have one esp for pocket folders
http://paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/invitations/pocket_folder.html

and others for different types of envelopes but check it out they may give you some good ideas
http://paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/cm/2730.001/invitations/do-it-yourself-digital-invitation-kits

also, big tip -- glue dots are a god send!!! just an FYI in case you need to paste or tape anything or want to keep anything in place. i used them for so many things.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the gold or silver stamp would look nice... I love your colors!
Did you get these from MyGatsby.com? I found them the other night and fell in love with these invites!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I had a custom rubber stamp made to print the bags for our favours.

It cost me about $20 and the detail was incredible.

I loved it so much I''m thinking of having some more made for fun.

You can get raised gold embossing powder as well. You just heat it with a hairdryer.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
The pocketfolds I got were from the internet and the paper for the invite I got at AC Moore and just cut it myself on my schools paper cutter machine. I will try some things out and report back with pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results