color
clarity

Dresses under 2-3k ??

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 7:36:45 PM
Author: Carats
Thanks everyone for the awesome advice!

Any suggestions on places to visit in the PA, delaware, NJ, DC area that are worth visiting? I''ve wasted so much time at the wrong places and need to really get efficient quickly if I''m going to be able to find a dress in time for August
10.gif
As sba and I already said, hit up Sabrina Ann asap! They are flexible with appointments and I believe you can just walk-in if you want. When I visited I saw Kenneth Poole, Melissa Sweet, Jim Hjelm, Paloma Blanca. It all depends on what people have given them to sell at that moment but I would place money on the fact that you will find some designer gowns there.

I really like Countryway Bridal as well. They are in Cherry Hill NJ. They were low pressure, had some designer stuff and some more affordable options, and let me take pictures. Thats where I first found my Marisa gown. The last suggestion I have for your price range and taste is La Bella Moda in Conshohocken, PA. They offered to sell me the sample gown for a couple of dresses I was intersted in, so if you find something you like there it might be worth asking about that. If its from a previous season I bet they would agree to it. They carry Paloma Blanca, Amsale, Pronovias, Marisa, etc.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 10:11:59 PM
Author: Nov2109
Jay West in Haddonfield, NJ has beautiful dresses as does the Bridal Garden in Cherry Hill...both are great, if I had lived in the Philly area before I bought my dress(I bought it back where I grew up) I would have most likely purchased my dress at either of those two stores...I''ve heard nothing but good things about either place and frequently window shop there.

Check out their websites for the designers they carry, I know they both carry mid to upscale designers.

I was JUST about to post that, lol!!!!

I HIGHLY reccommend Jay West. That''s where I purchased my dress, and I''d say 95% of their dresses are under 2K.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
It looks like you are interested in certain styles and designers, but just in case this might help you I''ll post my thoughts.

I had my dress custom made by a local designer, and it cost around $2,500, but that is mostly fabric cost (I used about 30 yards of fine silk, a normal body hugging style might be more like 10). If you know what you want you can have it made for you, without sacrificing fabric quality or design (which is what was important to me).

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Have you read through your other 3 threads regarding a dress? I think people have posted several suggestions of where to look already.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 7:36:45 PM
Author: Carats
Thanks everyone for the awesome advice!

Any suggestions on places to visit in the PA, delaware, NJ, DC area that are worth visiting? I''ve wasted so much time at the wrong places and need to really get efficient quickly if I''m going to be able to find a dress in time for August
10.gif
Hi There,

If you love a certain designer, just start calling bridal salons and asking if they have sample gowns you can buy off the rack. This is a great way to get a beautiful dress for much cheaper than retail and have it quicker than it can be made. I got really lucky and found a $6000 POB-Platinum sample dress for about 60% off. The sample was in excellent condition and the bridal salon altered it for me.

If you don''t mind coming to DC, there are a bunch of places to go. I got my dress at Carine''s http://www.carinesbridal.com/index.html. I highly recommend them b/c they were very professional and actually knew about the designers, fabrics, etc. I''ve got other rec''s if you need them.

Good luck finding your dream dress!

jendem

Rough_Rock
Wow! Someone is going through the same thing.. so refreshing! I tried on the Marisa 737 and loved it! The stores are telling me that they will not commit to getting it in stock before my August wedding date. We got engaged last weekend & there was a cancellation at the reception location. We had to take it.. but now I cannot find this dress!! Where did everyone find their Marisa 737? I am a size 8-10. -Jennie
5.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My sister got her dress from David''s Bridal yesterday, for a whopping $350. It looks amazing on her, and fits her beautifully (there''s actually a tiny bit of wiggle room, but she prefers it that way). While it''s not the same rich, buttery silk as some of the high end designers, the quality and construction is actually quite nice, and she was able to walk out of the store with her (size 2) gown.

Also, don''t forget about alterations, if you find something close within your budget. My dress fit more like an A-line when I purchased it, but I had it taken in through the hips to make it more trumpet shaped.

meadow.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
She looks beautiful in her dress. I love the veil too!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I got my dress from a small local boutique (it''s a local designer) for right around 1k. It''s 100% silk and I love that it''s made locally.

Here''s a picture (keep in mind this is before it has been fitted or anything--I should be going in for my first fitting in a few weeks. It''s big around the waist here because they had to go up a size to fit my bust.)

LP_Wedding_Gown.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your dress ladypirate - it''s so pretty and a tiny bit different than the norm in a wonderful way! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results