shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress sketches - the process begins!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!

Some of you may know that I am exploring the possibility of going custom on my wedding gown. My good friend is a talented designer (IMHO!) and she is working with me to design something.

My style is pretty simple. I would like something in satin or silk, with no beading or embroidery. I love interesting necklines (hence my whole thread devoted to the one shoulder designs started by CDNinNYC!). I also love beautiful draping with not a lot of poofiness.

So, I present to you some very very beginning sketches (she drew about 10 pages, and I selected the ones I kept coming back to to develop further).

Any comments/ideas, etc. are most welcome!

Ok, on this one I love the top right hand gown:

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s try again:

phpDIxjhEPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Love the gathering on the right side of this one:

phpEKdQWLPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
We are thinking about doing a detachable train, so there''s more drama to the gown at the church, and then, instead of bustling, I will just take it off!

I love the look of this one:

phpY9BTeAPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the top half of the one on the left side here. Cool neckline!

As you can see, I am all over the place with what I like! Basically I just want something comfortable, elegant and unique. Not too hard, right????
3.gif

phpX49HHoPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for letting me share, ladies!!
35.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
awesome! I would love to see what you decide on and the finished product!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is the top right hand gown in the first pic! I can''t wait to follow this process. So interesting!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:23:32 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
My favorite is the top right hand gown in the first pic! I can''t wait to follow this process. So interesting!

I agree - and from your previous posts it sounds as though the one-shoulder really speaks to you. I think you should do it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:39:06 PM
Author: Winslet

I agree - and from your previous posts it sounds as though the one-shoulder really speaks to you. I think you should do it!
Ditto!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. Those are amazing. I also like the top right hand one. Those are amazing sketches!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Wow! These are all so cool, Lee! I cannot wait to see what you decide.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your comments, ladies! I was sort of unsure about the process, and your kind words made my day and re-affirmed that this is what I want to do!

My fave is also that very top one on the right. I am so impressed with my friend! I will keep you posted on the journey, should be really fun!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:39:43 PM
Author: leeNY
Thanks for your comments, ladies! I was sort of unsure about the process, and your kind words made my day and re-affirmed that this is what I want to do!

My fave is also that very top one on the right. I am so impressed with my friend! I will keep you posted on the journey, should be really fun!
Gorgeous! I''m loving your fave as well! Beautiful!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow those are incredible! Your dress is going to be so special. I can't wait to see it, you have to keep us updated on the process! I agree with the others, love the top right dress. When is your wedding?

ETA looking again I also love the bottom left one in your first post. It will depend on your figure and taste though, they're v different shapes.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING sketches, my fave without a doubt is the last on the lefthand side - it is different but classic and tottally swoooooonable and just WOW.

They are all beautiful though, you have a really very talented friend.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
LeeNY, just saw your sketches! They look fabulous! My favourite is also the top right dress in the first sketch. This is so exciting! Can''t wait to see how everything turns out for you.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys! Deelight, now that you call my attention back to that bottom one on the right, I am taking a closer second look. It really is a beautiful shape!

Thanks for your encouragement and interest, everyone! I will post the next round of sketches when I get them!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s so incredibly cool that you have a friend who does this - I agree with the others about liking that first one, although I think there are a lot of gorgeous designs in what you posted. So much fun!!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i cant wait to see more of this process!
: )

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bottom right in the 1st set of sketches you posted..it reminds me of a Grecian goddess.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:39:06 PM
Author: Winslet

I agree. That one is my favourite too.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Count me for another vote for the one shouldered design on the top right! When do you hope to have the dress completed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results