shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Shopping Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

I went shopping today with my cousin and would love some feedback on these dresses:

Dress 1 (please forgive my horrible posture)

DSCF1794.JPG

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that was big... Hopefully this will be a bit smaller

Dress 2: I am trying to hold it tighter in the bust because the sample was too small so it was hard to get a good idea.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops sorry Dress 2

DSCF1795.JPG

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 3

DSCF1800.JPG

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 4:

This is a 2 piece dress that comes with either a fitted mermaid skirt or a fuller skirt. They only had the fitted skirt which was very unflattering I am thinking of trying to track down the fuller skirt to get a better idea but here is the top...

DSCF1801.JPG

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 9:16:50 PM
Author: Morgie44
Whoops sorry Dress 2

Is this a Casablanca dress? If it is, I tried it on and really liked it. I think it would look great on you!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I like dress #2 the best - very pretty!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
The tops of #1 and #3 seem a bit overpowering to me. But it could be because of the fit....

Of these, I love #2! Very flattering!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Misspinky: Yes, it is by Casablanca...

Thank you to Cleopatra, February, and Buttercup

Do you all mind telling me what you do/ don''t like about the dresses to help me narrow down my search?

My thoughts:

none of these are THE dress for me I don''t think...

Dress 1 is very pretty but not quite right on me
Dress 2 of the three favorites posted , I think it is the best on me but maybe a little too plain?
Dress 3 The more I look at it the less I like it I think there is just too much happening
Dress top of 4: I thought that this one was somewhat flattering on top, I thought it made me look a bit more narrow through the shoulders. Do you disagree?

Please be honest!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
For reference here is the model pic of Dress 4 with the full skirt

Parisroyale.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Morgie,

#2 looks great on you. I tried on #2 and it is still on of my favorites. Everytime I see it in a magazine I get that second guess feeling.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Morgie,

I really like the way the waist is accentuated in dress #2...I think it is super flattering on you.

I am kind of bleh about #''s 1 & 4, and I think #3 makes the girls look WAY too overpowing.

Do you LOVE any of them? I think you should keep looking if you''re not in love with any of these, but I definitely like the waistline of the Casablanca on you!

HTH!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Harleigh on dress #3. Having said that, I would still like to see what dress #4 looked like with the full dress on. Based on these picture, I have to go with #2.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am going to honest here, I don't care for any of them. I feel they are all way to busy on the top. You have full shoulders and there is something about the width of the bust area that bothers me. I think something simpler on the top would be more becoming. You have a nice figure and there is something out there that will show it off nicely.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love #1 (i realize i am in the minority here) - i think it looks devine! After that, i really like #2. beautiful!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
From these pictures, I think that #2 looks best or is most flattering. I would be interested in seeing a picture of you in #4 with the full skirt though .... looks promising.

FoxyBride

Rough_Rock
They all seem like they fit strange on the top to me. Maybe it''s just a matter of alterations but they look like they are swallowing the girls up!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m usually a big fan of the sweetheart/scooped neckline, but I think that a straighter neckline would be more flattering on you. I also think something with a less defined waistline or an empire waist might be more flattering. Of the dresses you posted, I like #2 the best, but I do think you have a gorgeous figure that could be shown off more spectacularly with different proportions on a dress.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love # 1!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I will go against the grain (not that that helps, I know) and say I'm not a huge fan of 2 or 3. I think 2 looks a tad plain for some reason, and isn't as flattering as it could be. I do actually like #1 but I think that you should definitely find #4 with the bigger skirt. I tried that dress on and when it was all done up it was beautiful in my opinion.

Somone on here has #4 - let me think about who it is....hmmm

ETA it is Gwyn!!! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/final-fitting-with-pics.94478/

Either way, I am also a bride who tried on a bunch and kept thinking "is this it? is this it?" and honestly, keep looking if you are thinking that. Either one will hit you over the head and you'll KNOW or you'll always compare back to one of these.

Good luck! You will be beautiful regardless!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone. Dress #2 looks very nice and accentuates your figure without going overboard to anything. Maybe if you look to get something like the top, but with detail on the skirt you won''t feel like it''s very plain. The sweetheart neckline looks KILLER on you, you really rock that.

Dress #3 TOTALLY overpowers the bust; it looks cartoon-ish. Definite NO!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the opinions! I think I will definitely keep looking...

Foxy & Swingirl: I think part of the problem is that they are gapping a TON up top because they were too small and it was really hard to get them to look like they would if it did fit. Swingirl do you have an example of something simpler than #2?

Sabine: Thanks for the ideas, I agree that a more empire-waisted dress would help balance my shoulders, but I haven''t really found any that I liked yet... As for the neckline, I''ve found that a straight across strapless makes me look very broad so either a sweetheart or v-neck seems to work a little better. Believe it or not, my shoulders look even wider in straight across styles
8.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not 100% on any of them. I agree with swingirl in that there is too much going on at the top of the dresses. I think that something not so busy would look better.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the honesty!

Bee and Swingirl: Can you be more specific about what you think is busy about the tops, in particular of 2 and 4? I feel like the tops of these are fairly simple. Is it the neckline? The rouching (sp?)?

Thanks!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
i love #2. i can imagine how much better it would look if it fit in the bust area. the dress is simple and classic and your figure looks amazing in it. #2 gets my vote all the way!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry I didn''t see your reply-busy studying!!

On number 2, I think it''s the beading just under the boobs that''s a bit distracting and it seems to cut them off at the bottom. It might just be the fit though. Also if I can see it correctly there seems to be a broach or something like that just in the middle of the beading and again, all I can look at when I see the dress is that.

On number 4, I know that it''s too big for you but also I think that having a broach there, will just make everyone''s eyes be drawn to that area. You have an amazing figure and I think that there would be tons of dresses that would look amazing on you. You want people to look at the whole dress and I think having that much detail near the boobs, just makes people look directly at that area.

muffindowd

Shiny_Rock
Well I love number 1!! I think number 2 is a little too simple, but I love lots of embellishments so take that with a grain of salt. I also think number 3 is wayyyy too much going on, so that is saying a lot since I love details!! I think number 4 with a full skirt could be stunning. You should try that on!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is just a quick dress that I saw just to compare. The top on this is quite plain and there''s a tiny bit of material just above the v-neck but it doesn''t draw your eyes right to the top.

beneciamaggies.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoops that turned out tiny-it''s maggie sottero benecia. I''ll try and find some others if I get a break from study later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results