shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress....opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s'' really pretty, but you really have to try it on to get a feel for how it will look on you.

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
I actually did try it on, but I thought it would be a bit odd to take pictures of me trying on a dress in a store, so I am just using the online picture. It is very pretty, but my fiance wasn''t sure about the sleeves.

I plan to try on a few more before I decide.

Danielle

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
the dress is nice, but the sleeves make it look nightgown-ish. i think you need to try on the dress and sneak pics of you in it. the store pics and real life are usually 2 different things.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it''s a pretty gown. But real-life pictures are really necessary to give an opinion here. A girlfriend of mine also really wanted a long sleeve gown, but when she actually tried some on, these gowns made her appear a lot older than really is. I think the word that the bridal gown consultant used was "matronly." In the end, she chose a strapless gown.

Not to say that you will look matronly, but it''s just something to think about.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, but I think when you are a shorter person (I''m 5''3 as well) you need to show a little more skin so you don''t get lost in the fabric.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I like the fact that the train is detachable. If you don''t like the way your arms look, this is a subtle and tasteful way to cover them. I would consider the weather - is it hot in June where you are getting married? If not, the sleeves will probably be comfortable.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, but I did a sheer sleeve thing too, so I''m biased!!!
1.gif

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
I have blah arms, so I feel self-consious (sp) and think I *Need* the sleeves. We live in Maine, so it isn''t too hot.
I will go back and take pictures of the dress on. Is that acceptable in stores?

jas

Brilliant_Rock

I agree about the sleeves, but I love the empire waist (at least that''s what I think it is) -- very flattering on almost everyone!

Best,

Jackie

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 9:26:20 PM
Author: mainemomof2
I have blah arms, so I feel self-consious (sp) and think I *Need* the sleeves. We live in Maine, so it isn''t too hot.
I will go back and take pictures of the dress on. Is that acceptable in stores?
Some stores let you and others don''t. If they don''t, you just have to be sneaky about it. I don''t recommend asking first because as my cheerleading coach used to say, "It''s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results