shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress need for bride: tea length, blue?, audrey hepburn type

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Dress need for bride: tea length, blue?, audrey hepburn

Smores84. Separates would probably work well for me!
I have a short torso and very long legs. Very good idea if I could make it work.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the secret with a short torso/long legs combo is to either raise the waistline with either a wide belt or slightly empire style, or to lengthen it with a dropped waist. Michelle Obama shares the short torso-long legs combo; here's a picture of her in an Audrey Hepburn-worthy dress with a dropped waist.

black_lace.jpg

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock

Hope your dress hunt is going well!
In case you're still looking, I wanted to suggest a couple of sources...

Elegance50s on etsy has a custom, made-to-measurements navy shantung dress. The neckline is not bateau, and looks like it would be more flattering for a "blessed" lady.
link:https://www.etsy.com/listing/110496055/50s-style-navy-shantung-cocktail-dress?ref=shop_home_active_2
photo: elegance50s_dress.jpg

Recognizing you probably don't want to go custom, Weddington Way has a shorter, less full, navy dress that's Hupburn-esque.
link: http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/alfred-sung-d448-bridesmaid-dress?sku=de-d448-midnight
In fact, they have TONS of navy, and other shades of blue dresses. Dessy and Alfred Sung have lots of designs that might be what you're looking for.
(Can't figure out how to post photos from their website. Sorry)
link to more blue dresses: http://www.weddingtonway.com/all/br.../blue?popularity_score_field=popularity_score

They also have some dresses that are eligible for free shipping and free returns. Look for the search option regarding "risk free" dresses.
For example you can return Alfred Sung d640 and it's very pretty.

Good luck!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

HI,

Thank you for your help.

Here is how things have evolved:

The wedding ceremony is formal as the groom desires: A religious ceremony on a Saturday evening with a chuppa, ketubah and the glass breaking, etc. with a rabbi (my cousin is our rabbi) in a synagogue. The reception is a formal sit down dinner with a champagne toast, challah cutting and blessing, dessert bar, open bar, music, flowers, candles, viennese table, cake, you know.

I felt like something was just so wrong. It was discordant that I was wearing something off the rack and simple when we were planning this very symbolic, sacred event. My son wants to walk me down the aisle which is so cute and my niece is the flower girl. I guess as it all began to sink in and I was ready to mindfully honor this sacred life event, I realized that I was wearing the wrong thing.

I felt unhappy and nobody knew how to dress for the wedding. Finally it hit me that I needed to become wholly invested and go buy a gown that was appropriate for this event. I went and bought a classic, elegant, understated A-line ivory gown with classic, but not blingy embellishment at the waist in front and back. It felt a little awkward, but then I knew that it was appropriate for the groom and myself and I stopped caring about what other people think. When I told my sister that I had bought a gown, she told me that she had wondered why I hadn't done that in the first place! My brother told me to put Formal Attire on the reception cards so I redid them.

So there you have it! I'm going all in. DJ, Photographer, hair, makeup, headband, maybe short, plain veil for the ceremony just for appropriate/head cover (no face covering).

You know what? It all makes sense now and I am finally excited!

Now to get my custom ring!!!!! The waiting is the hardest part!!!
:loopy:

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock

It's wonderful to hear that you're excited about your gown! Your wedding sounds like it will be lovely (and more importantly, that it's what feels right for you and your betrothed).
Best wishes!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Vidalia :)
After meeting with the Rabbi, it turns out that my fiance wants me in a gown, wants to do the old tradition of putting a veil on me, having everyone around us while we sign the ketubah, circling around each other at the Chuppa...whole nine yards. It should be very romantic and a candlie-lit, love-filled space.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It sounds like everything is falling into place. I'm glad you're headed in the direction that's right for you and your fiance, gown and all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results