color
clarity

Dress my groom, please!

Plain or pinstripe?

• Pinstripe

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I have already decided that I want Mr. Kat in a vest, but no jacket, for our ceremony (shirt, tie, and trousers, too--of course!). We have been looking exhaustively, and I think that the J. Crew year round suit is our favorite. Our issue? Mr. Kat likes pinstripe and plain equally. He asked me to turn to all of you for opinions. So, which do you like better: Plain (which we would do in heather coal) or Pinstripe (which we would likely do in charcoal).

In case any of this matters, we haven''t picked out his tie yet, but it will probably be printed and go with my shoes (which are cobalt), and he will wear a white shirt. My dress is ivory.

Here is the plain suit:

kat.groom.suit.gray.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And here is the pinstripe. Thanks!

kat.groom.suit.pinstripe.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would normally vote plain, but i really like the pinstripe suit, particularly with the splash of color in the tie like you mentioned - it just looks fun!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pinstripe as well. It seems dressier to me for some reason (perhaps because it''s not as common?) The plain vest and pants could almost double as a waiter''s outfit and just doesn''t seem as "special occasion" to me.

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
I''m a pinstripe girl but the first one is nice too.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I LOVE the pinstripe option.

My fiance wants an outfit with an edge for our wedding in August and we were thinking about a fitted pinstripe suit. I love the waistcoat though, could be a great alternative to the jacket option we thought about.

Go pinstripe!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I just love pinstripes!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually love pin stripes, but for the occasion and considering the cobalt tie, I voted for plain.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Pinstripe!! Pinstripe is always better.
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally I''m a pinstripe girl but for some reason I prefer the plain out of the two of them. It just seems like there''s a bit too much pinstripe in the trousers and the waistcoat.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Loving the pinstripe ... especially since there will be no jacket.
I think that it spices it up a bit. Mr. Kat wants to be a little spicy, doesn''t he?
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I voted plain. The pin stripe is striking me as a bit Great Gatsby meets the Mafia.

Dont'' get me wrong, I love me a pin stripe suit, but in this case and for this occassion, I''m just not feeling it.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I heart pinstripes
1.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
They both look nice, but after looking at the pics on the website I love the plain one. :)

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I''m liking the pinstripe better for a no jacket look.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I voted plain because for some reason pinstripe reminded me too much of a banker''s suit -- but I see I am outvoted. Anyway -- both options will look great.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:33:24 AM
Author: fatafelice
I just love pinstripes!

Soo sexy! (if his body type will carry it well... and assuming it's a day time wedding I guess...)
Also, I would want the pinstripe to be subtle, like you've picked out for this thread (personal preference), I wouldn't like him to look like he's just back from his white-collar job!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t mean to make a post and then disappear. I have been at a conference all week, and I forgot my laptop cord (what a dull week). Mr. Kat and I definitely appreciate everyone''s feedback

violet3, havernell, fleur.de.lys.88, merrymunky, fatafelice, TheBigT, sparkalicious, panda08, jet2ks, and Lara He decided to go with the majority of PS and go with the pinstripe. Turns out, J. Crew might have the ultimate say, though. So, kama_s, bee, meresal, DefinitelyMaybe, and mscushion plain could still win. The pinstripe pants are on back order and are not estimated to arrive until the end of July. We leave for Ecuador at the end of August, so this should be okay, but we also ordered the plain, just to be safe since they were both currently in stock.

merrymunkyI love the vest only look for less formal weddings! I think it is a great alternative to a suit or a jacket because the groom still looks more dressed up than "just going to work" dressed up, but not more dressed up than the bride.

Spark, of course, Mr. Kat wants to look a little spicy!
2.gif

Lara Mr. Kat totally has the body for pinstripes--long and lean. He is definitely the hot one in the relationship (means I win! Woot!).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Plain!!! All the way - actually, I''m quite surprised at the amount of votes for pinstripe - I hope not to offend anyone,
but imho it looks rather dated alot of the time..am I the only one that thinks this
33.gif

I love your choice of the plain suit, it looks very dapper. I also might steal this idea, and have Fi wear no jacket for photos, reception etc -
it really does look ever so sexy
31.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:41:37 AM
Author: kama_s
I usually love pin stripes, but for the occasion and considering the cobalt tie, I voted for plain.
Ditto!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:57:14 AM
Author: arjunajane

I love your choice of the plain suit, it looks very dapper. I also might steal this idea, and have Fi wear no jacket for photos, reception etc -

31.gif

Thanks! I think it is really sexy, too.
30.gif
The biggest thing we were trying to do was figure out a DW outfit that worked for us. I think it would work at a reception, too, because it is still dressy but not formal or stuffy.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 9:43:50 AM
Author: katamari

31.gif

30.gif
The biggest thing we were trying to do was figure out a DW outfit that worked for us. I think it would work at a reception, too, because it is still dressy but not formal or stuffy.
I agree completely - I think it's a great idea. Of course, it depends on your sttle of wedding, but it sounds as if you're going
for a similiar style that I have in mind..sexy, but not stuffy, ya?

I know it's not everyone's tastes, but what I've found I also love for the groom is a pair of slightly worn-in
nice brown leather boots, instead of traditional black shoes.
With that style of suit you picked, and the shirt sleeves rolled up, and the boots - hubba hubba !
3.gif

I'm sure you know what I mean - I do have a photo but don't want to threadjack any further
2.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:27:45 AM
Date: 4/22/2009 9:43:50 AM

Author: katamari

31.gif

30.gif

I agree completely - I think it''s a great idea. Of course, it depends on your sttle of wedding, but it sounds as if you''re going

for a similiar style that I have in mind..sexy, but not stuffy, ya?

I know it''s not everyone''s tastes, but what I''ve found I also love for the groom is a pair of slightly worn-in

nice brown leather boots, instead of traditional black shoes.

With that style of suit you picked, and the shirt sleeves rolled up, and the boots - hubba hubba !
3.gif

I''m sure you know what I mean - I do have a photo but don''t want to threadjack any further
2.gif

Please do! This thread is all about turning Mr. Kat out
2.gif
Plus, we both err on the funky side of things. Traditional is not a word anyone would ever use to describe either of us.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Pinstripe, for sure. It just adds a lil'' something.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha I like that idea Kat - I feel kinda odd posting this, as its a real groom, not a model, but its
the best example I could find off-hand.
To the bride if she sees this, I hope you take it as the compliment it is intended - I think this outfit looks great (and the groom!
31.gif
) and of course the bride
looks awesome.
ETA: sorry I couldn't get the pic bigger, but hopefully you get the idea..

groomsfork.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
same guy

groom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results