shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress is too big!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the only anxiety I''ve had regarding the wedding has been around my dress. I''ve been panicked about it being too small. Well, my mom came to visit this weekend and brought the dress for me to try on (it was either that or Xanax!) and it turns out the reverse is the problem. My dress is too big!! I don''t know what happened to my boobs, but I suddenly can''t fill out the top! Lack of boobage has never been an issue and neither FI nor I noticed them getting smaller. I''m wondering if I lost weight off my back and ribcage?? Regardless, I can sit in the dress (which was another possible issue), and I have room in the tummy region so I don''t need Spanx. I might even be able to eat in the thing.

So barring a few chicken cutlets I should be good to go with just the hem and bustle for alterations. YAY!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My gown fits great in the ribcage and hips are not an issue, but it''s HUGE in the boobs and back! I''m having it altered to fit in the back and shoulders, and stuffing the bust with nice thick silicone pads. I used two (a total of four!) chicken cutlets for the first two fittings, but ordered the really thick ones that basically take it up at least two cup sizes. The gown has a court neckline, and I really need to create cleavage for it to look good.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Better to big then too small
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You have the best kind of problem HH.
9.gif

You''ll always want to hear "too big" rather than "too small."

Can''t wait to see your dress btw.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Eep! I read the topic and through that you were, like, swimming in it! Glad to hear its just too much boobie space & room for a full belly :) Maybe if your wedding date ends up being a week before your period, you''ll fill out the top?? But nobody wants AF on a honeymoon, so I guess that''d be crummy timing.

Like everyone else said-- better too big than too small!!! And HOORAY for eating dinner at one''s own wedding! (If you have time in between greeting & talking to guests)

Can''t wait for photos (hint, hint
31.gif
)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
link to dress thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-naked-hawk-found-a-dress.93988/

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:24:59 AM
Author: Bia
You have the best kind of problem HH.
9.gif

You''ll always want to hear ''too big'' rather than ''too small.''

Can''t wait to see your dress btw.
TRUE!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It is not the end of the world but I understand why you would be cranky.

Any chance of a quick boob job?

(
11.gif
)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
hehe... steel... you crack me up.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:00:23 PM
Author: Steel
It is not the end of the world but I understand why you would be cranky.

Any chance of a quick boob job?

(
11.gif
)

LOL FI would LOVE that! I''m reserving that for after kiddos...

I''m really not cranky, I''m thrilled that it fits/is too big. Really...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the best kind of problem to have with dress fit
1.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I agree, better too big than too small! I was THRILLED when I went in for my final fitting and the dress was a little big, but the difference was so small, they couldn''t reasonably alter it. The woman just told me "well, don''t lose anything, maybe go eat a pizza!" I was so happy that I wouldn''t have to be worried about eating in the weeks before my wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results