shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamstone.com legit?

js412

Rough_Rock
Wondering if this is a legit vendor. Been getting mixed messages from other vendors and they don't have any recent reviews. Stone I'm interested in is thousands below other vendors' price and they say that they won't be able to get it and that it's a scam. Just wondering if others have any experience?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
If you get the diamond report# you should be able to search for it and find out. I've never heard of it nor seen it on this forum. That's not to say, it's not legit. I just don't know. But, usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. You also have to watch out for a bait and switch. They show you a diamond (or video) and a report, but don't sell you the diamond you are seeing or what is on the report. The people on here who help search for diamonds are wonderful. I would trust them over this company, based on what you wrote.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
They’re legit. I purchased from them but because of my indecisive chose to return. Ethan was very responsive and easy to work with. My refund was processed the same day they received my return.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are legit, but are a drop shipper so you might not actually get the stone if someone else buys it first

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
I saw something called StoneAlgo was linked to stones at Dreamstone, is that a legit screening app? They rank stones from 1-10, but aren't clear what all they base their ratings on.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this up to see if anyone has had any experiences; I too noticed that their prices are cheaper than Ritani for example

searchinggold

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think they are legit, but are a drop shipper so you might not actually get the stone if someone else buys it first

Yep you're totally right!

nezuoko

Rough_Rock
StoneAlgo is similar to Kayak for travel. It aggregates available diamonds from retailers it has partnerships with like DreamStone, Adiamor, Brilliance and RockHer. These retailer sites source from a virtual database of available diamonds for sale, which means StoneAlgo's information is indirect and is sometimes delayed.

For example, if a diamond has already been put on hold by DreamStone, Adiamor may take another 24-48 hours before its site shows the same diamond as no longer available. StoneAlgo can take another 24 hours before it stops displaying that same diamond under its aggregated search. StoneAlgo's interface also includes additional information like price trends of specific diamonds and its own assessment of the diamonds' cuts.

As for DreamStone, it is a legit site. The site's interface and technology may not be as customer friendly as Adiamor's or Ritani's, but what it lacks in optics can translate to lower prices and extra savings for the customers. DreamStone also has its own gemologist who appraises the diamond before shipment. The appraisal is included in the shipping package, along with the GIA/IGI report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results